Props Spartan Melee weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHF Dark Phoenx

Hey guys and gals of the 405th, well as most of you might know I fist stated this with one weapon that i commissioned Tahoeanime (youtube username) to make me a sword that you would think the UNSC would make for special spartan groups.

Here is the link for that: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/39659-Spartan-stalker-Blade

And now I'm here to start talks on my next weapon and discuss the other weapons you other Spartans would like to see and use. Now I will say that at this moment I don't have the funds or knowledge to make molds or recast items so until I get the space and learn more about it I cant do that. So come at me with ideas and concepts, I'm working on a concept for an axe now

What if the Spartans had a knife in their hand plate kind of like the clone commandos did in Republic Commando?

Blade_zps6e19a673.jpg

It would make bare knuckle brawling with elites much more balanced. Combine the edge of a 2.5 inch retractable blade mounted on the knuckles with the force of a Spartan punching or swinging and already you have eliminated the need to even think about drawing a knife or sword.

Attachments

• Blade_zps6e19a673.jpg
    Blade_zps6e19a673.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 492
My spartan already has an ACIII style hidden blade mounted on his left gauntlet (at least when I finish the arms and get the 3d printed kit from ammnra) but it is a cool idea but try to make it con safe

What if the Spartans had a knife in their hand plate kind of like the clone commandos did in Republic Commando?

Blade_zps6e19a673.jpg

It would make bare knuckle brawling with elites much more balanced. Combine the edge of a 2.5 inch retractable blade mounted on the knuckles with the force of a Spartan punching or swinging and already you have eliminated the need to even think about drawing a knife or sword.

My spartan already has an ACIII style hidden blade mounted on his left gauntlet (at least when I finish the arms and get the 3d printed kit from ammnra) but it is a cool idea but try to make it con safe

Yeah i thought about that but it just seams too cheesy now because of all the assassin creed stuff out there. but still a good suggestion though. it was one of my first too lol

Attachments

• Blade_zps6e19a673.jpg
    Blade_zps6e19a673.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 359
there is a part in I think "Fall of reach" the book where MC first encounters a jackal and takes his shield and as see in the toys and described in the book it does connect to the bracer

there is a part in I think "Fall of reach" the book where MC first encounters a jackal and takes his shield and as see in the toys and described in the book it does connect to the bracer

yeah one of my friends said something about that and i think that's probably what i will end up doing for the shield maybe make it similar to the way the shield in the first percy jackson movie...idk maybe not lol but thats at least makes it lore appropriate

Ok guys so here is what i decided my next build will be. A spartan energy shield, it will look like a cross between the jackal shield and the legendary shield (what you see when you select a difficulty lvl). I plan to make the main body of the shield out of acrylic, if you have a better suggestion let me know, and the buckler part where it is held out of a combo of wood, metal bondo, and plastic, with the unsc symbol as the main focal point of it all (oh and of course ill add leds to light it up).

Ill post some pic tomorrow of everthing i plan to reference, and this will be a long project because im in the process of moving so it may be a bit before i am able to post any progress pic.

Been toying with a concept for a modified, single-blade energy sword. Not sure what the story would be for why/how it was made. Perhaps a Spartan picked up a broken/discarded sword and started tinkering with it to figure out how they work. Maybe during the brief period of peace between the humans and the Sangheili some of them got together and discussed how the swords work and a sword was modified based on what we had learned.

As far as building it, what I keep coming back to is the lightsaber toys and the tapered, collapseable blades. I'd like to be able to get the "plasma energy" to be able to fully receed into the handle (with added guard and more human-friendly grip) so that it could be worn or carried without taking up much space and then "activated" for show.

Here's a basic, PS mock-up (minus the guard and the changes to the handle). Obviously the blade would need to be made thinner to fit into the handle, but if it was made solid instead of collapseable, this would be a good shape for it I think. Perhaps the blade itself could be a bit longer.

Blade_zpsf9f30dfa.jpg

Attachments

• Blade_zpsf9f30dfa.jpg
    Blade_zpsf9f30dfa.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,135
Also what about the hyabusa katana from halo 3

i mean stuff like looks good as an esthetic piece but it doesn't look like it belongs. im wanting to create things that havent been done and look like they belong. Now if i got a commission to do one i would but I wouldnt do one for myself

Been toying with a concept for a modified, single-blade energy sword. Not sure what the story would be for why/how it was made. Perhaps a Spartan picked up a broken/discarded sword and started tinkering with it to figure out how they work. Maybe during the brief period of peace between the humans and the Sangheili some of them got together and discussed how the swords work and a sword was modified based on what we had learned.

As far as building it, what I keep coming back to is the lightsaber toys and the tapered, collapseable blades. I'd like to be able to get the "plasma energy" to be able to fully receed into the handle (with added guard and more human-friendly grip) so that it could be worn or carried without taking up much space and then "activated" for show.

Here's a basic, PS mock-up (minus the guard and the changes to the handle). Obviously the blade would need to be made thinner to fit into the handle, but if it was made solid instead of collapseable, this would be a good shape for it I think. Perhaps the blade itself could be a bit longer.

I do like the idea it seams pretty cool, what i would do is make it like the sword that sulu used in last years star trek movie, that way it could become compact and unfold it for awesome effect

You mean the folded katana? That thing is pretty cool, although it might be a bit more difficult to make it real and integrate the design into a different type of blade. Times like this, though, I find myself really wishing I had a 3D printer, as making something with complex mechanisms is a bit easier when you can just create the parts you need rather than having to find or modify something to fit the bill.

What about the Machete? :)
I always wondered about the swords that appear on the difficulty emblems, after looking it up though, it turns out the Machete was actually a melee weapon originally planned to be used in Halo: Combat Evolved. It was removed for some reason.

Anyway here's a pic of the machete in the Halo: CE Alpha build.
gallery_266_22_11117.jpg

This is the best in-game picture of it I could find, I think someone MAY have made a pep file, there are plenty of decent ref pics too.

I like the Zaffs idea too, the picture reminds me of the wrist-blade the Elites in Halo:Reach used for assassinations.

Halo_Reach_Elite_Revenge_by_crested217.jpg

Another picture, for those of you who haven't seen it.

Attachments

• Halo_Reach_Elite_Revenge_by_crested217.jpg
    Halo_Reach_Elite_Revenge_by_crested217.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 183
What about the Machete? :)
I always wondered about the swords that appear on the difficulty emblems, after looking it up though, it turns out the Machete was actually a melee weapon originally planned to be used in Halo: Combat Evolved. It was removed for some reason.

Anyway here's a pic of the machete in the Halo: CE Alpha build.
This is the best in-game picture of it I could find, I think someone MAY have made a pep file, there are plenty of decent ref pics too.

I like the Zaffs idea too, the picture reminds me of the wrist-blade the Elites in Halo:Reach used for assassinations.

I know a few ppl have made the machete in varying sizes and I'm thinking of making something similar to it about the size of the one in the pic you posted or at least something along the lines of it to go with the shield.

Have that shield with that elite wrist blade retracting in and out and you sir will have something awesome

Im working with Brian johnson, he as an amazing prop builder and nerf moder, he is helping me get the design for the shield down and figure out all the details on the whole thing, as well as some other weapons.....and having him make me a h4 sniper rifle ^^

so i finally got a basic concept of the shield down, and a few measurements, they are probably off but i will do more refined sizing later. here are the images of my design.

2013-10-02153712_zps95b1b50b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-10-02112100_zpsacc06ccd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

forgive the crapy drawing and the somewhat horrible spelling lol i was using my lap and a ruler to draw the whole thing lol. but input would be appreciated. hope you guys like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back