1st Build 1st armor build

halo three rat

I’ve been putting off printing and assembling my armor for way too long, and now school is starting, so I’m starting this thread to help keep me focused.

Started out by downloading the mark 7 armor and scaling it using armorsmith. I then tried to make the forearm out of Eva foam, but quit when I realized it was taking way too long and that I had a 3d printer to do the work for me.

The printer I had at the time was too small, so I ordered an elegoo Neptune 4 max to print the parts on. When the printer arrived, I spent a week calibrating it and doing test prints before printing the shin piece for the armor.

All that took about 3 months because I procrastinated way too much, and I only have about a month and a half to finish it before the championships in Seattle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Heel couldn’t fit through a part in the shin piece, so I used a dremel and heat gun to make it work. It works for now, but I need to make it better

Attachments

• IMG_9644.jpeg
    IMG_9644.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
Been a while, but I’m about halfway through printing the other shin piece. Currently working on slicing the boots.
I got 2 5kg rolls of filament so that I wouldn’t have to constantly buy more filament, and it was cheaper by about $130.
I went to Lowe’s and got some filler primer finally, so now I can start sanding the first shin piece I printed
I contacted a vacuum forming company to see if they could make some visors, as I do not have a vacuum former, but it’s been around 3 weeks and they haven’t responded
I don’t think I’m going to finish this by October 2nd, which is when I want it to be done for the halo championships in Seattle, so I’m torn between grinding out a helmet, or just bringing the flood carrier form costume I made last year.

Attachments

• IMG_9701.jpeg
    IMG_9701.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Been a while, but I’m about halfway through printing the other shin piece. Currently working on slicing the boots.
I got 2 5kg rolls of filament so that I wouldn’t have to constantly buy more filament, and it was cheaper by about $130.
I went to Lowe’s and got some filler primer finally, so now I can start sanding the first shin piece I printed
I contacted a vacuum forming company to see if they could make some visors, as I do not have a vacuum former, but it’s been around 3 weeks and they haven’t responded
I don’t think I’m going to finish this by October 2nd, which is when I want it to be done for the halo championships in Seattle, so I’m torn between grinding out a helmet, or just bringing the flood carrier form costume I made last year.
Where did you buy the rolls from?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back