Props 1st Project Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllaTheKea

Hi all.

Now that my schooling is finally wrapping up soon, I have been looking at beginning to start working on halo props. I want to hear your suggestions for a potential first project. It can be pepakura or foam, although I would prefer foam as I have some stored away somewhere, I would also like it to be as simple as possible to make as I don't have much experience when it comes to this and I really don't want to get into making armour straight off the bat due to a lack of experience.
I look forward to hearing your advice.

Cheers

You might want to try your hand at Andrew DFT's foam Magnum. It is fairly simple and you will gain a lot of experience if this is your first prop.

Seconded on a DFT Magnum if you want to keep your first EVA prop Halo themed. Another good option if you're interested in learning how to work with foam is looking into Evil Ted Smith's selection of free patterns since they're generally all easily cut out shapes and avoid surface bevelling which can be tricky.

You might want to try your hand at Andrew DFT's foam Magnum. It is fairly simple and you will gain a lot of experience if this is your first prop.

Seconded on a DFT Magnum if you want to keep your first EVA prop Halo themed. Another good option if you're interested in learning how to work with foam is looking into Evil Ted Smith's selection of free patterns since they're generally all easily cut out shapes and avoid surface bevelling which can be tricky.

Thanks for the advice, I will look into working on the Magnum as soon as I can. All going well I should be able to work on it soon. Where can I find the plans for the Magnum out of interest?

Definitely Andrew DFT! Hope to see pics of your Mafnum soon! I love using his templates myself

Andrew DFT is a winner for me too. Easy to follow tutorials and the results look good. Working on a Styrofoam Magnum presently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back