1st Build Alignment Error

TrollDude

I just reprinted the chestplate because the old one was unusable, now the alignment it screwed up... Should I reprint the backpiece or try to bend the chestpiece into position? I assume due to the backpiece breaking apart once and by glueing it back together it created some weird shape issues, leading to this very, very bad alignment error. Again, what should I do? Reprint or bend?
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-06 at 22.51.26_c098debd.jpg

Oh man that stinks so badly. The tough answer is it’s probably best to reprint it. I’m dealing with stuff like this myself as I try to dial in the sizing. Learning how to read Armorsmith properly and making micro adjustments, I’m on my third print of a forearm piece. It’s so tough to know if little adjustments will work when you have to wait 15 hours to view the result!

Oh man that stinks so badly. The tough answer is it’s probably best to reprint it. I’m dealing with stuff like this myself as I try to dial in the sizing. Learning how to read Armorsmith properly and making micro adjustments, I’m on my third print of a forearm piece. It’s so tough to know if little adjustments will work when you have to wait 15 hours to view the result!
The weird part is that I didn't scale the torso... it's still got the original scale, however something messed up during glueing the backpiece or during the fiberglass and resin hardening...

Maybe you could try reprinting the unpainted chest piece again so you don’t have to repaint it? Though then you’re making a guesstimate at how differently you have to scale it. Reprint is painful but safer.

I might be super risky and I can't tell how well it'll work, but you could attempt to heat and bend the bigger piece to merge into the smaller piece? Might be better than using up a ton of plastic and time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back