Props Ar-57 Upper Reciever W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klowd 13

424386316_pwarmsuppers-1%20revised%20copy.jpg

The AR-57 is an interesting upper reciever design for the AR-15/M16 platform. It uses FN P90 clips and ejects the shells out the bottom. I want to design an upper reciever for Airsoft guns.

Theres a couple things I need though:

1. How long, wide, and tall the body of the P90 clip is as well as the diameter of the circle at the back of the clip.

2. How the P90 clip works, is it gravity fed or is it spring?

3. How the clip feeds into the gun. Pics of the mag well would work the best.

Ill probably have most of the design finished today. If you can help, please feel free to post the info/pics here.

Cheers,

-John-

I've got a pretty detailed 1:1 p90 airsoft. I'll measure the magazine for you.

As far as the other questions:

Magazine is spring-loaded.

Rounds do a really odd flip at the end of the magazine to enter the action.\

Will update with sizes in a few.

*EDIT*

Magazine is 11" long, 1-7/8" wide and the expanded circle is 2"

You can see the 90-degree counterclockwise turn the rounds do below

fn_p90_4.jpg

Hey thanks (Null)! But the clip questions were of the Airsoft P90 clip, thanks though. ;)

Looking closer at the clip though, i need the heights of the Raised circle, the main body of the clip, and the funky wedge on the other end.

EDIT: Well, i got some work done on the blueprints... but my other computer (the ONLY one with a SDcard slot) took a dump and doesnt want to work today. Pictures will be posted tomorow.

Cheers,

-John-

ahh ive been trying to get one of these forever. the down side is youll need ot either cnc the upper reciever to the specifications of your gun or get a kit for a real one and modify it. and if your plannin on actually going to with this you should actually buy a p90 mag because price is the should be the least of your worrys if your serious about this. and you can get diffrent types of p90 mags theres ones that are high cap and spring fed or just spring fed 60 rounders it depends on what your getting. and good luck youll need it

I think I might make a styrene version of it, then make copies of it using a mould. That way, the picanary rails are fixed to the barrel shroud like the real thing, and if I wreck it I can just grab a new one, instead of rebuilding. If I do the mould, I MIGHT (big stress on the MIGHT) do a couple limited runs of it. But, lets wait until I start the thing before I make future plans. :lol

Cheers,

-John-

I recall some Company made the conversion kit of AR57 for CA and Marui AR:s, but can't remember which.

Google might find something.

Though, very interesting project, I shall keep an eye on this!

JustMe

(BTW, wouldn't it just be easier to buy a P90 clip, and measure with that? they aren't that expensive...)

It would be easier to buy a clip and measure it, but... i dont have the cash to buy anything yet, thats why im doing the blueprints first.

Cheers,

-John-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back