Armageddon 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

Well i was checking out the Armageddon site for updates on the convention, and they've added a few new guests since i talked to Scott ( one of the organizers). Micheal shanks, Daniel Jackson from Stargate has recently been added, and the funniest character from SGA the one and only David Hewlett(Dr. Mackay) is attending.

Ill be going, i believe a few other 405th members were planning on attending (1manbattalion, Belokar, u still in?)

Ill be getting a gold pass and possibly a dinner with the stars ticket, i reckon a few 405th members would easily take out the cosplay competition.

If anyone really wants to and if we had enough people chipping in, we COULD get a table there, i have no idea how much it costs, I'm just putting the idea out there.

Nows the time to buy tickets, head over to there website for all the details, but heres an overview:

Crispin Freeman - Animation Guest - Hellsing / Slayers / Naruto
Sean Schemmel - Animation Guest - Dragonball Z and GT / Kappa Mickey
David Anders - Celebrity Guest - Heroes / Alias - Proudly Presented by Hub Productions
Adam West - Celebrity Guest - Batman / Family Guy
Grey Delisle - Animation Guest - Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy / Avatar and more!
Michael Shanks - Celebrity Guest - Stargate SG1 - Proudly presented by Hub Productions
WILDSTORM COMICS TOUR - Artists/colourers/inkers
JIM LEE - Comic Artist Guest - All Star Batman and Robin
Dave Wittenberg - Animation Guest - Naruto - .Hack//sign and more!
Doug Jones - Celebrity Guest - Hellboy 1 and 2 / Fantastic Four 2
David Hewlett - Celebrity Guest - Stargate Atlantis
Andee Frizzell - Celebrity Guest - Stargate Atlantis
Ernie Hudson - Celebrity Guest - Ghostbusters 1 and 2

Melbourne - November 1/2nd 2008
Melbourne Exhibition Centre

Event ticket costs
General admission Tickets will be on sale at the door and through the presale ticketing. booking fees may apply

Adult (single day entry) - $18.00
Adult (two day pass) - $32.00
Child (ages 5 to 12) (single day entry) - $10.00
Child (two day pass) - $17.00
Family Pass (2 adults and 3 child) - $50.00
Ages under 5 - Free

Dinners will be separate and will be priced soon.

Gold Pass - $400

GOLD PASS and VIP Tickets can be ordered at the Culture Shock Events website at www.cultureshockevents.com General event tickets will be on sale from August 1st

Inclusions: This is the ultimate fan pass.
• Weekend entry into the expo
• Express entry without general queueing
• Priority queueing at Armageddon celebrity signing area *
• 5 autograph tokens for use with signing celebrities of your choice*
• 5 Photo op tokens with use for celebrity of your choice*
• Entry to the Armageddon Cocktail Party
• Entry to selected special events that may arise over the weekend*
• Front 2 rows reserved seating in celebrity and anime panels.

how infuriating, i am SOOOOOOOOOO keen to go but iv just joined the army and i have no idea when ill be called up for training, i dont want to pay 400 for a ticket if i end up in kapooka in november

Unless you know you can go, don't get a gold pass, but you could always just get a weekend pass or buy a day pass at the door. I'll be there in full spartan gear :D
Don't they tell you in advance when training is?

1ManBattalion said:
Hey Guys!

It's been a while since I posted anything! But Yes, I'm still in! I'll be going as the Red Spartan!
Does the red make it go faster? :D
bad jokes aside, refer to my Edit of the first post ^^^

small update: I will probably have a few friends coming with me, but they probably wont be staying in Melbourne, and might not be going every day. And they wont be armored.

Another edit: Apparently the con is the same weekend as the Melbourne cup and some world rugby match, so hotels will be going FAST.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like it might be a pretty cool event, I don't think I'll be able to make it this year though :( Being so close to our Auckland Armageddon will probably mean I have no money by the time Melbourne comes around... I'll probably look at coming next year though :D

Belakor said:
This sounds like it might be a pretty cool event, I don't think I'll be able to make it this year though :( Being so close to our Auckland Armageddon will probably mean I have no money by the time Melbourne comes around... I'll probably look at coming next year though :D
Thats a shame, i wanted to steal your recon :lol:
I'm planning to come down to NZ for at least one of the Armageddon's next year.

Update on getting a table, i just rang up and got my gold pass :cool: and asked about getting some floor space and a table for the 405th, its only $200!!!! thats for 1.8m width and 3m length plus a table. It would do wonders for recruiting, so even if only one other person puts some money in, ill gladly pay 1/2.
I checked with Adam, hes very happy for us to do this.

p0rtalman said:
Unless you know you can go, don't get a gold pass, but you could always just get a weekend pass or buy a day pass at the door. I'll be there in full spartan gear :D
Don't they tell you in advance when training is?
no they just told me i was in but they wont tell me when my training will be untill just before tey want me. suck coz i reallt hate my current job and i cant plan anything, also ill probably miss the birth of my second daughter. shes due in october and im pretty sure ill be gone by then

hognoshal said:
no they just told me i was in but they wont tell me when my training will be untill just before tey want me. suck coz i reallt hate my current job and i cant plan anything, also ill probably miss the birth of my second daughter. shes due in october and im pretty sure ill be gone by then
That sucks, hope you don't miss the birth of your daughter!

Gasp! double post! :cautious:
2 months left people! It looks like there's going to be a few of us there, and it looks like we might be getting a table!
So if you're considering going, let me know, i can tell you more about the convention, what might be happening etc...
I also just Emailed the guys at Rooster Teeth to find out if their going to be there this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back