Armorsmith designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief118

Hi where do I get the program because I can't buy it with PayPal?
On the Armorsmith Designer. Homepage

Or is it only by credit Card?

Because for my next project I could use the program very well.

Greetings Chief118

is it worth the buy?

If you have the $25(USD) and Pepakura Designer, I'd say yes. I use it for creating an avatar with my dimensions and scaling without being trapped in maintaining the model's original HxWxD ratios. I like to get it to the ratio I need and then adjust the actual model in Blender before importing that into Pepakura. The second steps aren't necessary if you cut your pieces out by hand. I use a Cameo, and Armorsmith doesn't have (to my knowledge) the ability to export to the format I need for that.

Definitely is. I used it to scale my armor. Takes the guess work out of the whole process.

it the program easy to learn? Pep was all trial and error.....till someone came out w/ the tut for it. Also, is blender necessary for Armor Smith?

I found it pretty easy to learn. When I scaled Recluse I used Armorsmith and Meshmixer to do the modeling.

ODST Langford - If you plan to make more than one suit, or make suits for other people then yes, it is worth it just to be able to store your mannequin dimensions and see how the armor looks in relation to each other without having to put things on. Even lets you put stilts on if you're making a larger costume. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back