Blackwell's Destiny Warlock build log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely done. Sometimes high quality and expensive are what is needed.....but I bet you could have pulled it off using everyday paint.

Nicely done. Sometimes high quality and expensive are what is needed.....but I bet you could have pulled it off using everyday paint.
yeah. The paint is a lot thicker and does a lot better of a job when weathering. The silver stuff is a lot thicker than the regular acrylic paint that I already had, thus making it easier to work with and better looking. The main reason for me using that is because I had already bought it for my MC build's painting (which has been updated, check it out :)) and it looks really nice.

Oh crap I'm such a slacker!! I haven't posted a thing in what...2 months? Pff! It's 'bout time...

Ok but for reals. Major progress has been made. I'll start with the Shins.
shins.JPG
These guys were made from EVA foam. I carved all those lines by hand with an Exacto knife and then used a heat gun to open the creases up some more. I just need to work on the fasteners next, then those will be done.

Next up, forearms and forearm sleeves. I made these sleeves out of some silver quilted fabric. I'll be wearing a long-sleeved shirt underneath for an extra aesthetic layer.
forearm sleeve 2.JPG forearm sleeve.JPG
I really like the way they turned out. They bulk me up a little bit anyway. :p

Last but not least, here is my coat mock-up. I took a pattern and modified it to look like a coat from the Destiny 2 Beta. Still a WIP, I need to add the sleeves.
test fit.JPG
Helmet is bobloheaddesh, too; but I'll bulk up the rest of my body with thicker fabric. lol. So skinny...with a large head. :/

Later guys and gals, enjoy!

Last edited:
Oh crap I'm such a slacker!! I haven't posted a thing in what...2 months? Pff! It's 'bout time...

Ok but for reals. Major progress has been made. I'll start with the Shins.
View attachment 248179
These guys were made from EVA foam. I carved all those lines by hand with an Exacto knife and then used a heat gun to open the creases up some more. I just need to work on the fasteners next, then those will be done.

Next up, forearms and forearm sleeves. I made these sleeves out of some silver quilted fabric. I'll be wearing a long-sleeved shirt underneath for an extra aesthetic layer.
View attachment 248180 View attachment 248181
I really like the way they turned out. They bulk me up a little bit anyway. :p

Last but not least, here is my coat mock-up. I took a pattern and modified it to look like a coat from the Destiny 2 Beta. Still a WIP, I need to add the sleeves.
View attachment 248182
Helmet is bobloheaddesh, too; but I'll bulk up the rest of my body with thicker fabric. lol. So skinny...with a large head. :/

Later guys and gals, enjoy!
This is looking amazing. You could say it's the nova bomb..... yeah that was a bad joke

Paperwookie ??? :p Is that how it goes haha?? I'll never catch on to the Blackwell dictionary. Cool stuff looks like a pretty good start, digging the helmet
Even if it is a little big
I need to myself a copy of that dictionary.... probably should make one for me as well...... BANNA!!!!

Ok, folks. So I have quite a large update to share with you all.

First off, the coat is almost done. I saw BlazedStarbon finishing up her coat, so I decided to resume some progress on mine. And that, ladies and gentlemen is where I have impressed myself the most. I am so pleased with this thing, but there is still a lot to work on still. This is my first time sewing, so I couldn't be prouder.
Costume 2.jpg
I hope you fellow guardians like it as much as I do.

And here's my new shoulder armor:
shoulder 2.jpg
I'm pretty pleased with this one as well. Some of the seams opened up a little bit after heat-gunning and plasti-dipping, but I am still very happy with it.
I tried my best to do some nice fine-detailing, and I think I succeeded in doing that.
IMG_4949.JPG
I also used my Dremel to smooth out and chamfer some corners for a cool dimensional effect:
IMG_4950.JPG
But the process was not without its difficulties. The big fin was super hard to secure at first, as it was connected by two very small contact points.
IMG_4951.JPG
I strengthened the fin by putting some screws in there. It worked pretty well, and I was surprised the screws didn't rip the foam.
shoulder 1.JPG
All in all, I'm super stoked about the final product. I'm seeing what it will look like, and I have a very good feeling about it. I should definitely be capable of knocking this project out before Jet City Comic Show in October.

Thanks for looking, and I hope to see some of you at Jet City Comic Show!

of course, pick up a copy of Destiny 2, guardians!

That coat is amazing! (I'm cheating big time with mine. Just about finished here)
Did you use a pattern for the coat? My mistake has been free-handing everything. :notworthy:

You have some skills, my friend! That foam work is superb as well!

That coat is amazing! (I'm cheating big time with mine. Just about finished here)
Did you use a pattern for the coat? My mistake has been free-handing everything. :notworthy:

You have some skills, my friend! That foam work is superb as well!
Well, I used a pattern I bought from Jo-Ann's, made that coat out of muslin, and modified it a TON to fit what I wanted it to be. It's pretty much unrecognizable from the original pattern. I added a few seams, but removed and altered the old seams that I wanted to keep.

And thank you. I tried to take it slow to make the coat as good as it can be with my skill level. I still have the other sleeve and the fuzzy collar to do, though. Those will be tough. And the pants...I'll just buy some. I have no idea what I'll wear underneath the coat for a shirt. I'll probably make my own Traveler t-shirt for the heck of it. I've been practicing with other t-shirt stencils with some fabric paints, because the coat has a blue and orange stripe across it that I will add. That will be tricky considering the quilted fabric...

Once again, thanks for the compliments. I pride myself in my foam work. :p

Great work on the coat. Hoping to get a picture in the light a little more, but from what I can see you've got some sewing skills to add to your arsenal. Keep it up!

Allllriggght, folks! I'll drop off some pictures for you all!

Awkward weaponless pose #1!
Myself.JPG
A few fellow guardians were there as well!
Hunter 2.JPG Hunter 1.JPG
The blue and white hunter happened to be the 405th's very own Huntress217.
Thom.JPG
And I also met up with Thom A293 (above) and PerniciousDuke.

Duke was (sadly) costume-less...and I didn't take any pictures of him, sadly. Not entirely sure if he would appreciate me taking random pictures of him anyway.:p

Anywho, after the costume contest (which I got honorable mention) Huntress (who earned 3rd place(y)) and I took some fun pictures:
Dab.JPG Serious Face.JPG
Overall, I had a lot of fun.

Thanks for looking, everyone!

Spartans.JPG

Stormtrooper.JPG

This build is not over!

Doing some last minute stuff for ECCC.

First off, finished up that hand cannon. Paintjob, laser cut grips, etc.
IMG_2652.JPG
May I mention that laser cut rubber looks awesome?

Second, I finally added a visor.
IMG_2655.JPG
Seeing through the thing is a bit odd...the center of the visor is very curved, resulting in a lot of distortion. Will be experimenting in the future.

Third, I bought some decent gloves.
IMG_2656.JPG

Fourth, I bought some baklava.
baklava.jpg
Wait. I mean, balaclava.

Either way, some more legitimate upgrades are in planning.

Some new leg armor is in planning:
maxresdefault.jpg

I will be sewing them, or commissioning a friend to sew them. A trade, probably. Fallout 4 mini nuke and fusion core in exchange for some fancy pants? Seems fair to me. :D

My plan for the glowing stuff is to make some laser-etched acrylic armor. It should capture the light pretty well, imo. Recommendations and tips are appreciated. If no one has done something like this, i'll just take one for the team, then.

A new forearm set, warlock bond, and possibly helmet may be in order. The costume is currently a D1-D2 mix. I want to change that. Before I go making new arms, I want to wait for D2 expansion 2 to see if there's any new armor worth making.

And lastly, I'm working on a sniper rifle known as "Darci".
darci sr.png
A pretty fun sniper rifle. I really dig the interesting look.

That's all for now, folks. Til progress starts a flowin'.

Oooo those Transversive Steps are gonna be an interesting challenge, looking forward to seeing you pull that off. And D.A.R.C.I. is a very cool choice for a main weapon, I don't think I've seen someone make it yet so that should be neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back