Bloxxer's Mk. V[B] Version 2.0

Bloxxer

Bloxxer is back at it, full steam ahead! For real this time.

Since I missed the C2E2 deadline for rebuilding my old suit, I decided to pull the trigger and completely re-do my suit. This time, it was fully designed by me. My original suit was based off of a concept art that I had saw online. I loved the look of it and decided to copy it. This time, this suit will be pulled directly out of Infinite, and it will be the spartan that I customized myself!

The Concept

Loosely based off of Leon-011's armor, this Mark V suit is what I rock in-game, and it's honestly my favorite suit that I've used in a Halo game thus far.

leon.png

I am officially confirmed as "boots on the ground" for TORG in Columbus this year! That means this has to be my deadline for this suit. No backing out last minute like C2E2 this year. I'm going to make sure that nothing gets in my way this time. So, with that being said, significant printing progress has been made so far.

A New Addition

As some of you who I have interacted with on Discord may know, I acquired a new toy recently: a Bambu Labs P1S. This thing has been one of the best purchases I have ever made. It has put the fun back in 3D-Printing for me. My old Creality's were giving me non-stop issues, so I ended up selling them off and investing in a Bambu, and I do not regret it.

bambu.jpg

Current Progress

As I said above, plenty of progress has been made. In record time, too. I've been able to print half of this suit more than 5x faster than my original at exceptional quality. So far, I have printed the helmet (two, actually), chest, both arms (biceps, forearms, hand plates, no attachments), and one thigh. I couldn't be happier with how they look. Post-processing is going to be a breeze.

helms.jpg
parts.jpg
testfit.jpg

Wait, these pieces look different, right?

Correct. Since the new suit is pulled from Infinite, and not Reach, I have decided to use a different set of files! The new suit will be made using files from Titlewave Designs, Aguilar Workshop, and Moesizzlac. I am using Titlewave's Mk V armor files, Aguilar's Mk V Helmet files, and Moe's Mark IV shoulder files. Moe has also generously helped me with the files for the kneepads as well as the thigh UA attachment.

My original plan for this build was to sort of kit-bash a few parts between Titlewave and NerdForge, since I already have NF's files, but after some thought I decided it would be best to use the full set of Titlewave's, since they were designed based off of Infinite's style and proportions.

I'm really excited about how the scaling turned out for this set. In the image below, my scaling is on the left. The right is a game-rip pulled from Blender. I'm really happy with how close they look to each other.

compare.png

Extra Plans

On top of the suit, I have also been working on a new prop. I am building Adafruit's Energy Sword prop from Thingiverse! This sword is designed to be printed with transparent filament and utilize neopixel LEDs to light the blade with all kinds of cool effects, just like those fancy lightsaber props. Mine will lack a soundboard, but I have all of the electronics ready to go, and I am excited to get to work on this one!

sword.jpg

That's all I have to report as of now! I am on the hunt for paint to match the coating from the game, and I am getting close to finding the right one! I will update this thread soon with more updates!

Until then, happy building!

'Till next time, Spartans.

I eagerly await to see your Mk. V come back to life. Maybe this time I'll get to see it in person.

Can’t wait to see this at TORG! And the energy sword would be a fun prop. I have started using armor smith for my H2A odst and I like how you have a player model next to your avatar model. How did you go about that, just importing it as another part?

Can’t wait to see this at TORG! And the energy sword would be a fun prop. I have started using armor smith for my H2A odst and I like how you have a player model next to your avatar model. How did you go about that, just importing it as another part?
Hey, thanks a lot! OFiveTwo has a great walkthrough on his Build-A-Spartan thread here. I essentially created my in-game spartan using Surasia's spartan pack in blender. Then I exported it as an STL, and imported it into Armorsmith as a part and attached it to the torso. Hope this helps!

Hey, thanks a lot! OFiveTwo has a great walkthrough on his Build-A-Spartan thread here. I essentially created my in-game spartan using Surasia's spartan pack in blender. Then I exported it as an STL, and imported it into Armorsmith as a part and attached it to the torso. Hope this helps!
I had forgotten about that in his thread, I'll use that! I messed with blender once and while interesting man there was a lot going on, suppose I'll get more practice in. Thanks!

Leg Day (Part One)

First boot is complete! I now have a full leg minus the kneepad. The plan is to now print out the belt, suit up in half of the armor, make sure scale is ok, then continue with the other leg and the accessories/attachments!

boot.jpg
leg.jpg

Let There Be Light!

I've had this light kit for quite some time now. I was originally going to put it in my other Mark V, but the new one has holes designed for standard LEDs. So I threw them in for a little test fit today, and it was a success! It's going to look so good when it's completed!

helmlight1.jpg
helmlight2.jpg

I have the day off of work today, it's too hot to do anything outside. It's currently 90 degrees here in ND. So instead of doing work outside, I've decided I'm going to take a crack at soldering some electronics for the energy sword. If All goes well, this thread might be blessed with a double-post today.

To be continued...

Long radio silence... in typical Bloxxer fashion.

This time is for good reason, though, as I have recently moved out of my parent's house and into a new apartment of my own!

With that being said however, this project is long from dead! The full suit is printed, and finishing is underway!

amor.jpg

So far the three helmets I've been working on have taken top priority, but since TORG is slowly creeping up on me that is going to change.
(Hounds, if you're reading this, your helmet is still top priority... and it's almost ready!)

Aside from the helmets, so far, the arms w/ shoulder attachments, knees, and helmet all have been through their first pass of sanding, primer, and Bondo. The rest will follow "suit" soon, and pictures will follow! For now, I'll attach a few fitment test pics I have lying around.

Expect more soon!

Attachments

• arms2.jpg
    arms2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • arms1.jpg
    arms1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • legs.jpg
    legs.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back