Cardboard SMG and BR.. First build. YOU MAY BE SURPRISED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan S17

MMS_Resized_Pix-12.jpg

MMS_Resized_Pix-13.jpg

So I'm building them using really strong cardboard, and cutting them with a laser. (same way I'm making the keyblades). I'm cutting different layers and stacking them together. The SMG's stock will be able to pop out and back in, also the handle in the front swings up and down.

The BR may have some fancy things but as of right now, it doesn't. And I'm doing a complete re-haul on it anyway. I'm remodeling the handle grip and barrel grip The SMG is glued together and is really really sturdy so I'm not sure if I'm going to resin them or not.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas, so please feel free to comment :)

MMS_Resized_Pix-12.jpg

MMS_Resized_Pix-13.jpg

WOW looking pretty sweet man, pretty good looking for cardboard and i have never been able to make something out of cardboard

Indeed this surprised me ALOT. Looks very damn clean for strong cardboard.(what lazors can do, is friggin awesome :O).
So maybe you could add a little bit Bondo on the rounded parts, which are always a little hard to realize when a gun consists out of layers.It also can help to get round edges a litte smoother.
So nice work man, keep it up! I#d love to see the final result :)

What type of laser do you use. I use one for most of my projects, only I cut everything out of plastic. It is strong, easy to cut, and can bo routed to round the edges. Your projects, look good, that is exactly how I do mine.

What type of laser do you use. I use one for most of my projects, only I cut everything out of plastic. It is strong, easy to cut, and can bo routed to round the edges. Your projects, look good, that is exactly how I do mine.

i've got an epilog laser, and use corel to design it :)

Wow those look really cool. The assault Rifle looks great! Just one thing is it just me or does the smg look a little small?

well right now i've gone and redesigned the way i'm cutting the layers. i've also redesigned the grip, made it look a bit better. when i finally get it cut i'll update the thread with photos. work has just been kind of hectic lately.

OMG sweet! That pretty much solves my dilema of how to make my dmr!!!! Lookin great, can't wait to see how it progresses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back