Carter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfahbum808

Carter Build (pic heavy)

Hey guys I'm starting my first build ever. Looking to make a full carter suit for next year halloween. I've already got about half the suit pepped, hoping to finish before next year summer just so i can adjust anything that may need adjusting before halloween. I'll try to upload pics when I can get my camera to work again, if not i'll have to use my cell phone =/.

UPDATE!

Here is the completed suit guys!

Suitonfloor.jpg

CarterGAme.jpg

carterkids.jpg

More pics on p.19!

Attachments

• Suitonfloor.jpg
    Suitonfloor.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 223
  • CarterGAme.jpg
    CarterGAme.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 228
  • carterkids.jpg
    carterkids.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 223
wow, congratz on having half the suit pepped, it takes a ton of work doing just that haha. I am also doing a Carter build so if you need any help or have any ideas for me I'd appreciate that. I am using deep blue as my blue with aluminum as the weather you can check out my thread on my signature.

Hey guys so as promised I have some pics for you. My camera is still broken at the moment so my cell phone pics will have to do. So far I have the helmet, helmet attachment, shoulders, 1 bicep (i'll post that when i finish the 2nd) forearms, chest plate, hand plates, and ab piece done. Here you go! Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions. Thanks!

Helmet
1289984038149.jpg

1289984022347.jpg

Chest Plate
2010-11-16225448.jpg

2010-11-16225526.jpg

Shoulders (Left and Right)
2010-11-16225658.jpg

Forearms, Helmet Attachment & Ab Plate
2010-11-16225630.jpg

And finally the Hand Plates
2010-11-16225724.jpg

This is what I got so far...I'll post more progress pics as more stuff gets pepped. Thanks for stopping by

Attachments

• 2010-11-16225724.jpg
    2010-11-16225724.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 228
  • 2010-11-16225630.jpg
    2010-11-16225630.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 226
  • 2010-11-16225658.jpg
    2010-11-16225658.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 216
  • 2010-11-16225526.jpg
    2010-11-16225526.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 219
  • 2010-11-16225448.jpg
    2010-11-16225448.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 218
  • 1289984022347.jpg
    1289984022347.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 236
  • 1289984038149.jpg
    1289984038149.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 234
hey guys so update for today...nothing done :(...school has been a pain in the rear :angry and I have to finish some physics hw as well as a cover page for my "mock resume"...soooo i have nothing for today i might try to start on the 2nd bicep tonight if i have time. I'll keep you guys posted.

lookin real good! im making a carter suit as well but im limited for my time until this semester is finished, but i should have my helmet done this week. keep up the great work! and how did you get that pep work to come out so beautifully???

lookin real good! im making a carter suit as well but im limited for my time until this semester is finished, but i should have my helmet done this week. keep up the great work! and how did you get that pep work to come out so beautifully???

Hey thanks for checking out my thread on my carter build! I too have time restrictions with work school and other extra curriculars but as soon as winter break rolls around I should be able to get a lot more done. As for the pepping I just use an xacto knife to cut out the pieces as we'll as score the fold lines/edges before folding to make a cleaner fold. I score all my pieces first before cutting because I find it easier to control a whole sheet of cardstock vs a small piece that could tear from the scoring. I then cut the pieces out fold them accordingly and glue them using hot glue. I use hot glue because its a little more forgiving than most adhesives because if you mess up you can always reheat the glue and adjust the piece as needed. Hope this helps! If yoi have any more questions or suggestions please feel free to post another response or pm me. Thanks again! Good luck on your carter suit! (Btw did you have a thread with your build progress? I would love to see some pics of how your costume is coming along!)

im gonna start one as soon as i get rolling on mine, and no problem on checkin it out! i actually use the same techniques for my suits but it just never seems to come out that perfect ha. ill be sure to let you know as soon as i get my thread goin! and im actually doin the same thing with the whole noble team with my friends haha! small world!

im gonna start one as soon as i get rolling on mine, and no problem on checkin it out! i actually use the same techniques for my suits but it just never seems to come out that perfect ha. ill be sure to let you know as soon as i get my thread goin! and im actually doin the same thing with the whole noble team with my friends haha! small world!

Nice! I can't wait to see that thread up!! Are you going to make a separate thread for your progress as Noble Team as well? I would love to see someone else's progress on the same project! Do you have some sample pics up anywhere for the pepping you have done?

yeah ill be sure to have a noble team thread as well! but no other threads on here, i only have my picture to show for the other suit i made=/ but this time around im gonna have pics up the wazoo haha

yeah ill be sure to have a noble team thread as well! but no other threads on here, i only have my picture to show for the other suit i made=/ but this time around im gonna have pics up the wazoo haha

you're suit looks pretty good! and pics are good cause its not always easy to understand what people are doing without pics...and pics make a progress thread 10 million times better! let me know when you get them up!

you're suit looks pretty good! and pics are good cause its not always easy to understand what people are doing without pics...and pics make a progress thread 10 million times better! let me know when you get them up!

yeah i know what you mean, and hopefully ill have a lot of the upper body done this week with a bunch of pics; im goin hardcore this week lol

Looking good so far.

Thanks for dropping by and checking out my build! I'm gonna probably kick it into overdrive this upcomng thanksgiving break since I have a 4 day weekend from school to finish as much pepping as I can and hopefully get some pics up afterward. Stay tuned for more updates!

yeah i know what you mean, and hopefully ill have a lot of the upper body done this week with a bunch of pics; im goin hardcore this week lol

Nice I'll keep a lookout for those pics and same here about this weekend. I finally have a bunch of time to pep the rest of my armor and not have to worry about school =D...but sadly I still have to go into work =/...I'll probably have pics up sometime this week on more pepped parts. Stay tuned!

Nice I'll keep a lookout for those pics and same here about this weekend. I finally have a bunch of time to pep the rest of my armor and not have to worry about school =D...but sadly I still have to go into work =/...I'll probably have pics up sometime this week on more pepped parts. Stay tuned!

yessir, it is fate that we both make the best suits as possible haha good luck S-259 =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back