Cortana cosplay - Eye color opinion?

I like my Cortana cosplays to have _____ eye colour

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyokenseisou

Soooo..... yeah.... need opinions...

At first I was like "Sweet! I have red contacts!!" But then I realized, they're 'technically' blue.... BUT at the same time... In Halo: Legends, the Origins episodes, her eyes (and later her body body actually) 'glitch' red....

So my question to you guys, would you rather a Cortana cosplay with red eyes, or blue eyes, or no contacts?

halo+cortan+key.bmp.jpg

VERSUS

cortana+halo+origins.jpg

VERSUS

224382_10150552893410403_814300402_18232474_2135488_n.jpg

Personally.... I like the red.... Adds a nice focal point...

Well, let's give you something to think about then... I hope :)

I wouldn't use red. If at all, I'd use blue with reddish sparkles, or maybe some blueish shade of voilet, but not straight red. That's more disturbing to the "viewer" than it's focusing and it will probably also invoke negative associations, in the sense that it's an evil character. If you move the eye colour more towards red, you will also need to include that colour in the rest of the costume somehow, otherwise it's going to look weird. It doesn't have to cover half your body, but there have to be at least a few accents with it. These non-blue accents will also be non-canon as far as I know, because Cortana, regardless of the exact colour that is used, is usally rather monochromatic.

Also, generally speaking: If you look at the game, the whole character of Cortana is kind of an eye-catcher (blue, sparkly, semitransparent woman appearing out of thin air etc.), not just the eyes. Not sure if her eyes are meant to catch attention anywhere at all. I think a good costume should somehow reflect that, instead of just saying: "Hey dude, I got eyes, too!" :)

I have to agree with Ventrue. The red is a bad idea... Unless you want to make an evil Cortana.

I would go with blue.

I use contacts for some of my stuff. Mostly, I use them for the Sith Lord thing and because the only two people in Star Wars to wear glasses were in the Holiday Special and crashed on Endor.

With that said, I would suggest one of the following:
M. Aino - For the almost computerized blue (expensive)
MAino_eye-L.jpg

Blue Turbo - another computerized look (low price)
blue-pinwheel-eye-L.jpg

Gargoyle - the purple you were asking for, I believe (expensive)
Gargoyle_eye-L.jpg

Shiva - another blue (expensive)
Angelic_eye-L.jpg

Besides, red is usually used to represent the bad guys. If you give her that little touch, It would change her whole persona.

I'm going to have to agree with ventrue and vote for blue. Red would definitely make you look like an evil Cortana, and plus, most people know Cortana to have blue eyes, not red, so go blue if you want more people to know who you are dressing up as.

Well, let's give you something to think about then... I hope :)

I wouldn't use red. If at all, I'd use blue with reddish sparkles, or maybe some blueish shade of voilet, but not straight red. That's more disturbing to the "viewer" than it's focusing and it will probably also invoke negative associations, in the sense that it's an evil character. If you move the eye colour more towards red, you will also need to include that colour in the rest of the costume somehow, otherwise it's going to look weird. It doesn't have to cover half your body, but there have to be at least a few accents with it. These non-blue accents will also be non-canon as far as I know, because Cortana, regardless of the exact colour that is used, is usally rather monochromatic.

Also, generally speaking: If you look at the game, the whole character of Cortana is kind of an eye-catcher (blue, sparkly, semitransparent woman appearing out of thin air etc.), not just the eyes. Not sure if her eyes are meant to catch attention anywhere at all. I think a good costume should somehow reflect that, instead of just saying: "Hey dude, I got eyes, too!" :)
I guess. But my intent wasn't to make her 'evil', just have something different, a focal point.
From an artist's stand point, it's always ideal to have a focal point in the piece.
And from a modeler's stand point, eyes speak everything. It's not a hot body or sexy legs or whatever, it's being able to speak with your eyes, to eyes do play a pretty big part in it.
And since I can't go semi-transparent, I'll have to settle for eyes being a big factor. lol

I use contacts for some of my stuff. Mostly, I use them for the Sith Lord thing and because the only two people in Star Wars to wear glasses were in the Holiday Special and crashed on Endor.
I have a place that I buy contacts from regularly, and I don't think they have any of those styles. Though tbh, I don't like any of those styles posted.... I'll likely go with a more natural looking lightish blue or something.

I accidentally voted for Red, can I switch my vote to Blue?
Lol doesn't matter overly. The poll is just meant to get an idea of what people like better. Blue's winning anyways.

I guess. But my intent wasn't to make her 'evil', just have something different, a focal point.
From an artist's stand point, it's always ideal to have a focal point in the piece.
And from a modeler's stand point, eyes speak everything. It's not a hot body or sexy legs or whatever, it's being able to speak with your eyes, to eyes do play a pretty big part in it.
And since I can't go semi-transparent, I'll have to settle for eyes being a big factor. lol

Yeah, I was looking at it this way: If you are at a convention with a bunch of Spartans or standing in front of some real-world stuff, your costume will be the focal point of the whole scene anyway. Cortanas tend to have a colour so unusual that it's hard to look at anything else, right down to the point where they look photoshopped in.

Although I have to say, I'm starting to like the idea of introducing a second colour. Just not red, red still is evil! :)

Well what abut green? I've always been a HUGE fan of green eyes.

Just like red, you could certainly use it, but I think any colour that is not mainly blue or violet will change the "personality" of the costume in some way. I don't know what the most common association for green would be though...

My personal preference would still be purple. I said "violet" in an earlier post, but I just looked that up in the Wikipedia and it's not quite what I meant (translation mistake - "violet" usually covers both colours in German... sorry :)).
What I mean is this piercing colour where you wouldn't be able to decide whether it's more red or more blue if you had to. Kind of like this (imagine a lighter shade of blue in there and you have a great Cortana colour palette) or like this. This is also nice, but too violet-heavy.

Well as far as palette goes, I'm planning on doing a version more accurate to the Halo: Legends Cortana. She was hot in that. XD
But at the same time, maybe having different colours eyes I thought would be fun... Since people are all "NO RED!!", only other option I'd consider aside from obvious blue, is green. Purple is ok, I might consider a light lavender kind of colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back