Cure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHCosplay

So im writing a Halo Fanfiction as of this moment called "The Cure" where some crack pot scientist thinks they have finally figured out how The Flood parasites can be cured and repelled from the human body.

So here is my question to you guys, do YOU think that the Flood can be cured or at least unable to infest the human body and turn it into the horrible creatures or do you think this is a complete impossibility?

there is loads of Halo lore about the flood infestation. loads of good vids in halo followers account to help fill in the blanks. usually the flood parasite attaches to the central nervous system and that is on how it assimilates control of the host being, gains its knowledge and abilities to preform certain tasks(fly ships, control vehicles, etc,) But i say do it! Sounds good to me.

Im thinking of some sort of like plant life that once injected into the body it attaches to the central nervous system and works kind like antibodies or white blood cells and fights off invading parasites or diseases, its also like a cure for polio because it attaches to the spinal cord and fights bacteria and virus'

I know that seargent Johnson is amune due to the Orion/Spartan 1 program (says in Halo First Strike), is it going to be related to that? Or a not related to cannon one.

I know of two instances in the Halo game series where people were not infected, there was of course Johnson (who survived according to cannon). Which was because of nerve damage. But in Halo 1 there was also Jenkins who although dead, was presumably uninfected. (Jenkins is the marine who we view the camera footage of) So you have at least have nerve damage, but perhaps also a hereditary trait making subjects unsuitable for conversion.

You also have the dead Marine at the door in the room where you fiind jenkiJe helmet, his dead body was uninfected propped against the door

You also have the dead Marine at the door in the room where you fiind jenkiJe helmet, his dead body was uninfected propped against the door
That would be Jenkins, never mind, I stand corrected. Jenkins is assumed to have been infected, it was that funny hat wearing marine that was uninfected

Really, the guy wearing the hat. hqdefault.jpg
This guy

It is highly unlikely though. Even the forerunners were unable to find a solution other than the Halos or the Composer. They were Gods to the Covenant which were superior to us. And the precursors (wich were another form of the flood) were considered Deitys by them! The ancient Humans were just spared, they never found a cure. The flood actively chooses its victims.
So humans today must have help from an outside source maybe......

The main point:
It would render the halos obsolete - and take away the core element of the series!!
My advice is not to go near that way.o_O

Sorry for being rude, but that's my honest take:unsure:

Last edited:
Well, Spartans have a flood resistant nerve system, but are definitely not immune. The armor also helps. With tech, another breed of Spartan could be curated that is immune to the Flood.

I may make mention to people whom have survived the flood, if you guys keep npushing ideas id love to incorporate them into the book and give you guys credit for the ideas i take.

Just gonna chuck my two cents in here as an egotistical Halo lore maniac :p

As ReClaimer8015 pointed out, the Flood actively chooses its victims - the Forerunners during the 100,000 year war against the Flood spent hundreds of years experimenting not just on themselves, but on Humans to find a cure. There were reports that the Flood were avoiding a specific portion of Human populations to not infect them, and those who were not infected were eventually dissected by the Forerunners seeking a cure. The issue is that there never was none.

A flood infection permanently changes the architecture of DNA itself, as well as the nervous system and bodily structure of who it infects. In order to cure the flood infection, it would require an extreme level of manipulation on a genetic level in order to restructure all the damaged and re-worked strains of DNA. Not only that, but the permanent damage done to the nervous system and the structure of the infected body would be excruciatingly painful to rectify and return to a "normal state". In my opinion, there is no cure for the infection. Once infected, there is two ways out - dissected until death, or killed.

HiddenXperia is one of my favourite Halo lore youtubers, he has a full playlist full of information on the Flood and its history. I feel that if you do commit to this story (as all stories should be told, regardless of their issues), do take into account the entire history of the virus. No sugarcoating it, but don't go too far. A story you could tell (if you opted to discard your crazy scientist cure story) could be about a squad of Marines during the Flood invasion of Africa attempting to escape Voi while the Swords of Sanghelios glass the infection to save the planet. For that, take into reference the Halo: Evolutions story "Mona Lisa".

Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited:
im not sure how im going to lead it yet but i have a few ideas as to how i want this story to play out, involving some traumatic issues.

oh here is an Idea, at the end, it should just be a gravemind messing with them, and their cure actually does nothing, then when they need it at the end, they all die. a bit depressing, but it could fit into halo cannon more, although still not officially

I like the idea, im thinking more along a different line but still going for a cure failre idea because obviously its not just going to be some miracle work, but the plant will officially cure normal paralysis because ya know, future technology and ****

Just so you know there is a typo where you say "you didn't tell my she was a Spartan". Other that that, it is fantastic so far

Thank you for that, im going to go back and edit them, if you happen to find any mre errors please let me know

I could be wrong but I think I remember somewhere in Halo 4 it's said that during the Human-Forerunner the Humans found a cure to the flood but destroyed it before the Forerunners could take it. I'm not sure if that's right but that's what I remember. If it is, you could find a way to put that in your book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back