Danielles Halo Reach Build (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its going to be a flexible material and act like a seal as it does in game. With luck it will work out. I'll keep you updated.

It was, uh, a flash sale at ALDI, found out the night before they were gonna stock them and then ended up going and buying one. Wasnt exactly planned. Still trying to figure out the whole 3D printing thing yet though.
Damit forgot about that

Do you hear the people print?
Printing their suits and props and guns
It is the music of the people
Who will not do Pep again!
When the beating of your heart!
Echoes the printers deafening noise
There is a piece about to finish
When tomorrow comes!

IMG_2907.GIF

Okay so I still; haven't used the printer, haven't quite figured it out past a few test prints of like a 2x2 cube etc

But, guess what I have done:
18582560_1346558995429095_706343807348901131_n.jpg
18582562_1346558992095762_1142108565183382684_n.jpg

these are actually from the other night, I've detailed it since then just dont have any good photos to show right now.

I'm about to start rebuilding my shins and knee caps, I'm REALLY not happy with either at the moment and want to revisit them now while I have time.
Then its helmet, and undersuit time.

Okay so I still; haven't used the printer, haven't quite figured it out past a few test prints of like a 2x2 cube etc

But, guess what I have done:
View attachment 243567 View attachment 243568
these are actually from the other night, I've detailed it since then just dont have any good photos to show right now.

I'm about to start rebuilding my shins and knee caps, I'm REALLY not happy with either at the moment and want to revisit them now while I have time.
Then its helmet, and undersuit time.
Owwwww looking good and so close to painting
Can't wait to see the final product!

Make sure the tub is dry. For your own safety. We wouldn't want you to slip and hit your head. :p
Nah, I'd be more worried about the armor. No one needs heads. :p

Looks awesome! And you definitely look like a tank, but that is the intent, correct?

#SpartanInTheTub - courtesy of Spartan55 :D

Last edited:
Rebuilding the shins today!

Finished some air assault shoulders too, making me a tank tbh. This one has proof of the detail on the front of the chest hahahha
View attachment 243746
You will also be pleased to note, I'm actually in the bathtub for this photo, not just on the edge of it ;)
# Spartan in a tub
Wow juging from other updates you have quite a small figure. I'm amazed at how much the armour hides that snd as you said makes you a tank
Ps nice skull

I'm lurking most of the time, but closely following yet another great build by Danielle. ^^
I'm seriously missing Kelly but your Reach build is looking so good. O_O

Looks awesome! And you definitely look like a tank, but that is the intent, correct?

Sort of unitentionally the intent, I'm just trying to replicate the reach armour as close as I can, turns out reach spartans were tanks hahahahaha.

Now that you mention it, she reminds me of Chapel from the Spawn comics.
Dont you go putting other cosplay ideas in my head now.

I'm lurking most of the time, but closely following yet another great build by Danielle. ^^
I'm seriously missing Kelly but your Reach build is looking so good. O_O

I feel the lurking, I'm terrible all I ever do is lurk unless I'm posting here. But thank you :)
Dont worry about Kelly though, shes still gonna be taken places when the rest of my Blue Team is present, I'm actually having the shotgun ready soon, so finally some proper Kelly photos with her proper gun!

Progress update time:
Made new shins like I said I would, they look so much better, I've never been so glad to remake a part.
new shins .jpg
heres a rushed test fit of everything, nothing is sitting properly at all hahahaha:
rushed and bad test fit for scale.jpg
And yes thats right, that is a helmet test, speaking of:
helmet size test.jpg helm test.jpg

I'm about to attempt to build it out of foam, updates to follow!

I have two weeks until the convention, please cross all your crossables for me, I've reached Panic Level Alpha.

I have two weeks until the convention, please cross all your crossables for me, I've reached Panic Level Alpha.

Week and a half until my next con, still have sewing and painting to do. It's not summer unless the cosplayers are all staying up until the wee hours of the morning coated in god knows what combination of glue/paint/tears.

You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back