Doom 3 Bfg 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there doom 3 lovers and all 405th members

today even thou its sort of outdated i got doom 3 and completed it

and i was some what attracted by some of the guns in doom 3 the bfg 9000 expectantly and i was going to make one

but i need some help first like some blue prints or something like that so can get this almost 100% correct

so if you guys could help me id be happy to make it heres some pics of it :)

[attachment=11121:bfg 1.jpg]

[attachment=11122:bfg 2.jpg]

[attachment=11123:bfg firing.jpg]

i will try to build this with card board and mabey resin it and paint it

so ill give you guys an update when its in prosses

pics or it didn't happen! jk ;) sounds like your pretty detirmend (terribly spelled xO) and i can't wait to see the end product! keep up the good work.

did a little reascearch for u

the magic of youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLQUpwPEqA

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone here can rip the model from the game for you to use as a reference. I tried making my own a while ago (from the doom movie) but it got screwed up and had pieces that just dissapeared (don't know how and don't think I ever will). I know there are a few 1/4 scale BFG movie replicas out there, so there are a few decent pics of that. If it is the one from doom 3 you want, try going into free camera mode (if you can in the game) and looking at the gun that way. It should help. I would post pics from in game but I don't have doom 3.

BobvDijk said:
did a little reascearch for u

the magic of youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLQUpwPEqA

lol Ive seen him before and this movie to a few days ago while looking for some items i can work of of but the sad thing about that version is that it is shoulder mounted not waist mounted but good find thou if i dont find a riped 3d version of the gun or some blue prints ill try copying it off of the game and working along

minzez

i really like the idea of making the movie version but for some reson im a little more attracted to the game version maby because it looks more like a BFG lol

I like both of them.

Anyway, I will see if I can get my hands on doom 3 fom one of my friends and borrow it to rip the model for ya. If I manage to get it, it will just be the raw model. So if you want it in pep it will take a lot of work. But if it is just card and other bits n' pieces you are using then it should be alright for that.

Do you have any 3d modeling software? If not I will post pics for you and link to the model as well (if I get it).

Edit: In the mean time here is a bigger pic

411.3.jpg

MINZEZ said:
I like both of them.

Anyway, I will see if I can get my hands on doom 3 fom one of my friends and borrow it to rip the model for ya. If I manage to get it, it will just be the raw model. So if you want it in pep it will take a lot of work. But if it is just card and other bits n' pieces you are using then it should be alright for that.

Do you have any 3d modeling software? If not I will post pics for you and link to the model as well (if I get it).

Edit: In the mean time here is a bigger pic

411.3.jpg

thanks for the post but just to point this out dont you need the full version of pep to make it unfold because i dont have the full version but if theres a way to get it for free ill try to unfold it ps im a lil wet behind the ears for this kindof stuff

masterchief31000 said:
thanks for the post but just to point this out dont you need the full version of pep to make it unfold because i dont have the full version but if theres a way to get it for free ill try to unfold it ps im a lil wet behind the ears for this kindof stuff

Yeah you do. And yes there is a free way to get pep designer. There are two ways. A legal way, and of course the illegal way. The legal way is someone else buys it for you or gives it to you. I won't go into the illegal way because the mods will probably ban me for doing so. I have the full version of pep designer 2 and 3 so could unfold it for you. It might take a little while but I can get it done.

I just found this:

bfg9000ver2.jpg

bfg9000ver22.jpg

It isn't game accurate (it's close) so if you want me to unfold it for you I will. I might need to clean the model up first before I can unfold it.

If you want me to unfold it just tell me what version of pep you want it saved in.

MINZEZ said:
Yeah you do. And yes there is a free way to get pep designer. There are two ways. A legal way, and of course the illegal way. The legal way is someone else buys it for you or gives it to you. I won't go into the illegal way because the mods will probably ban me for doing so. I have the full version of pep designer 2 and 3 so could unfold it for you. It might take a little while but I can get it done.

I just found this:

bfg9000ver2.jpg

bfg9000ver22.jpg

It isn't game accurate (it's close) so if you want me to unfold it for you I will. I might need to clean the model up first before I can unfold it.

If you want me to unfold it just tell me what version of pep you want it saved in.

could i get it as a pep 3 and ill try to buy the full version im kind of weary about it because im saving up for halo 3 odst lol but if you can find the 100% acurate version ill build it

Ok. Im working on cleaning up that last one I posted pics of. There are a few places where it was open so im closing it off so it can be peped easier. As for the game version. I should be able to borrow my friends game tomorrow and will get onto ripping the model from it. Once that is done I will post a link to the model in .obj and .pdo format so you can see it in pep viewer until you get pep designer. I checked and for the full pep 3 designer licence it is $38.

Either way this is going to come out amazingly, but I think (for some flashy-ness and effect) you should add a laser sight on it, and also multiple lasers in the muzzle that are all connected to the trigger so that when you pull it, something would atleast seemingly shoot out of it. But that's just my opinion, 'cause I think that'd be pretty sick.

Battle Scars said:
Either way this is going to come out amazingly, but I think (for some flashy-ness and effect) you should add a laser sight on it, and also multiple lasers in the muzzle that are all connected to the trigger so that when you pull it, something would atleast seemingly shoot out of it. But that's just my opinion, 'cause I think that'd be pretty sick.

it might be cool to add this into it when your done!

but we need to make it so we dont need the micro wave

masterchief31000 said:
it might be cool to add this into it when your done!

but we need to make it so we dont need the micro wave

That link was probably not the best thing to add to the thread. It usually results in sparking that "what if" question in the back of younger adult's minds.

Ok. Here is the .obj file for the nearly game accurate on. There is however one problem. When ever you try an unfold, it crashes pep designer. I have tried a few ways of getting it to unfold without crashing and it just wont have it. So if anyone could fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here it is: link

Hopefully I will have the movie version unfolded and up here soon.

Working on getting the game version as I type.

MINZEZ said:
Ok. Here is the .obj file for the nearly game accurate on. There is however one problem. When ever you try an unfold, it crashes pep designer. I have tried a few ways of getting it to unfold without crashing and it just wont have it. So if anyone could fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here it is: link

Hopefully I will have the movie version unfolded and up here soon.

Working on getting the game version as I type.

well i just unfolded it in auto and it didnt crash on me im guessing it becuse some people have a ton of programs on there computer so it takes up memory

I just looked at it again and tried unfolding it without flipping the faces and it worked. I tried everything else but that one button. Oh well. Atleast it works.

Still working on getting the game model.

Movie version is being slightly redone, then will be getting unfolded again.

It may take a little while as I am doing other things too. But I will get it done as quick as I can :) .

Edit: Here is the game model for anyone who wants it. I have uploaded both the .obj and .pdo files. The .pdo is in pep 3 format as requested. If anybody wants pep 2 format just ask. This is not unfolded and has to be scaled.

.obj

.pdo

Still working on the unfold of the movie version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back