Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
It's here! Time to sign up and gear up!

Important information:

1. If you sign up....PLEASE SHOW UP. I know it's tough being that it's early Saturday morning but please keep in mind that you are taking a spot that could have potentially gone to someone else.

2. We nned to limit the number of non-costumed people. Yes, we can have a few handlers but no, you cannot all bring one. This is a parade rule, not mine. The fact that we have any handlers goes against what they want but with our gear it is absolutely necessary to have a few. Please sign yourself up and if you have someone willing to handle for everyone, please advise. I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THEY WILL GET TO HANDLE. Remember - they will be taking a wrist band from someone who could march in costume (the parade wants us to give up any extras that we might have so other people can march as well) so we MUST keep handlers down. Let's have people who are able to help fix gear on the fly, can assist with carrying some extra water and in general who can keep an eye on the members so we don't lose anyone.

3. If you aren't deployed, please get that going. I'm not going to say you can't be in the parade if you aren't but I would really love for you to take the opportunity to get that taken care of. However, you must have 50 posts and 90 days in order to troop. Exceptions with good reason can be made so please reach out to me.

4. Are you part of a Regiment yet? If not, and you have 50 posts and 90 days, please take a moment to request to be added. You may have an opportunity to meet other members of your Regiment at the parade.

5. Parade Route Map - I'm told it is the same as last year with the same starting point but we won't have the exact details until a couple of weeks from now.

6. Parade Rules - Should also be the same for last year. I believe again it will be televised so there will be the portion of the parade where there are cameras. DO NOT STOP AND SLOW DOWN THE PARADE. I'm told a group was banned from participating because of doing this last year so please keep moving during this section.

7. Parade Shuttle - I'm told that this is also much the same as last year but again, I won't have that information for a couple of weeks yet.

8. Parade Meeting Location - we will have the same meeting location as every year - in front of the escalators on the Registration Desk level of the Marriott (Lobby Level) just in the middle of the two main entrances. Last year the last shuttle was at 9:30. WE WILL MEET AT 8:00 AM AND LEAVE TO THE SHUTTLE LOCATION AT THE BACK OF THE Marriott (down two levels from where we will meet) NO LATER THAN 8:45. DO NOT BE LATE!

9. I AM GETTING THE WRISTBANDS. Repeat: I AM GETTING THE WRISTBANDS. I will have them for you at the meeting location on Saturday morning. You DO NOT need to pick them up yourself.

10. If you need special assistance - ie: Wheelchair etc. - please note that I cannot guarantee you a shuttle. This was an issue last year and unfortunately is going to remain an issue. What I will get you to do is meet us just outside of the staging area. Once the parade starts and you see the 405th come out on the street waiting to go, you can join us and I will have a wristband for you. It gets super crowded back in the staging area so I'm not sure it's a great idea to get back there but we can assess this on the day of. If I know you're going to be there, I will come out and get you aracknoid3 - you and I can talk but it seems just easier if you meet us there instead of coming to the meeting location first. Send me a message here or on Facebook and we'll make plans to make sure you're taken care of. Please note that without the wristband they will not allow you in staging so until I can get there to get you one, you'll have to wait outside like we did last year.

11. WHEN YOU SIGN UP IN THIS THREAD I NEED SPECIFICS. No Me +1. I need names, both real and forum please. If you are signing up for yourself and a couple of others I need the information of all 3. I also need requested handlers clearly named and noted so we can decide what we have room for.

12. Other activities are actively being organized by our hosts, The Southern Regiment. Asgardianhammer, RCO for Southern, will be creating a separate thread here for things like a group dinner and photos. Blaine Self has already started planning things for you so please keep watching!

Most important rule: No pointing guns, and no tea bagging. You guys are SO engaging with the crowds and people absolutely love you. Let's keep the tradition up of showing just how great the members of the 405th are!

Parade Sign Up - Costumed

1. Asgardianhammer/Robert Letts
2. BlazedStarbon/Allayna Kaltiainen - Cortana
3. Hibson/Jenna Albert - ODST
4. Bucs37DK/Anthony Ortiz - Spartan
5. Zoe Ortiz - Grunt
6. Cadet/James Ficker - Combat Evolved Mark V (Eve Steiner - handler)
7. gmstrowabarton/Devon Berg - Reach Spartan
8. Godivina/Alana Berg - ODST
9. Revenant1988/Doug Appel -ODST
10. AugmentedHuman013/ Kevin Robbins -ODST
11. Church/Kyle Paul - blue Halo 3 Mark 6
12. Hot Pockets/Joshua Kane
13. Dogface
14. Halo Kitty/Kristine Raney
15. LastLadySpartan/Krystina Hernandez - Vale
16. ZomBri/Brianna Stapleton - Reach Spartan
17. CoS Spartan058/Jeremy Winnicker - WWII ODST
18. crackhead09 +Cortana
19. Obellist/Clinton Bradley - Spartan III
20. moderndaymarc/Marc Nabke - FUD Chief
21. breacher013/Brad Wolter - ODST
22. Aracknoid/Ron Seaman - Spartan Locke (Angel Leon - handler)
23. transmut1/Richard Santora -MC Halo 3
24. Lauren Evans - Majesty (UNSC Capitol)
25.Thomas Proske - Icarus (UNSC Capitol)
26. Loulon - ODST (Jessica Lee Watts - handler)
27. Austin3991/Austin Buckhalter - ODST
28. Sean Bradley - ODST
29. Jennifer Bradley - ODST Recruit
30. Evolver79/Alex Roberts - FUD MC
31. FrostWolf240/Adian Lewis - Halo 4 Didact
32. wasdenjacob7/Jacob Wasden - blue Spartan Halo 4 Variant
33. TheBradinator
34. Guest TheBradinator.
35. John Brooks Wood (UNSC Capitol)
36. Chance Geaney (UNSC Capitol)
37. Pat Spellacy (UNSC Capitol)
38. Gari Jimenez (UNSC Capitol)
39. AK Blade (UNSC Capitol)
40. Special Guest - Aiden Lewis
41. Special Guest - Asgardianhammer, Junior
42. Rohan Diddee/GREATHALOSHARK
43. Deadeye
44. Evo

Last edited:
Thank you FANGS! We are so very excited to be joining everyone again!

I will be present for Saturday (Asgardianhammer/Robert Letts)

I'll be present as Cortana. (I'll submit for deployment once I'm in costume that day...need to save paint.)
(BlazedStarbon/Allayna Kaltiainen)

Last edited:
I will have my ODST. (Hibson/Jenna Albert) Admission into the Pacific Regiment is underway, as is progress on deployment. Thanks!

Me and my wife are down to march once again. I will be my Spartan and she will either be Vale/ODST trainer depending on success finishing costumes :D
Anthony and Zoe Ortiz

James Ficker - Combat Evolved Mark V

Eve Steiner - Handler. Eve has handled and taken pictures for the past 2 Dragon Con parades, and marched in her Mark V 3 years ago. However, she has suffered Heat Stroke since then, which make her extremely suspectible to a fast on set of Heat Exhaustion, making marching in full armor a potentially dangerous prospect, but she is still willing to handle and has plenty of experience both with the 405th and the 501st.

Me (Devon Berg) and my wife (Godivina\Alana Berg) will be there I will have my Reach Spartan and she will have her ODST

Last edited:
Thank you all for following instructions so well! This will be a huge help!

Also...see what Cadet did for his handler "application"? That's what we need. We can only take a few handlers without getting ourselves in hot water with the parade so we want to be sure we have those that are skilled at handling so we can make the most of each handler we are able to bring.

I'm going to keep the first thread updated with any new information I receive as well as a running list of people attending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back