(E)ODST build

WylieCoyote074

The original plan for Torg was a MK-VI but I'm switching gears to an ODST. The relative simplicity of the build will allow for a much higher quality result (For my skill set) within my time frame.

Here's my current rough concept for how it's going to look
1000004615.png

What material/process are you planning on doing? Pepakura, Foam, or 3D printing?

Far be it from me to criticize you for doing an ODST build with a swap to the EOD helmet, but it seems a bit strange for someone working with explosive devices to be handling them without any hand or arm protection. Someone has to keep those prosthetic manufacturers in business I guess.

What material/process are you planning on doing? Pepakura, Foam, or 3D printing?

Far be it from me to criticize you for doing an ODST build with a swap to the EOD helmet, but it seems a bit strange for someone working with explosive devices to be handling them without any hand or arm protection. Someone has to keep those prosthetic manufacturers in business I guess.
It's going to be foam. I already have the chest plate built I just need to post it.

And I get it lol. But this character isn't part of any bomb squad, I just chose the EOD helmet because it looks cool

2 schools of thought come to mind with the no sleeves EOD. First, if I'm defusing something the armor isn't really gonna keep me alive anyways so if I don't wear it and succeed it's not a problem. Second, if I don't succeed it's not my problem anymore.

2 schools of thought come to mind with the no sleeves EOD. First, if I'm defusing something the armor isn't really gonna keep me alive anyways so if I don't wear it and succeed it's not a problem. Second, if I don't succeed it's not my problem anymore.

Forearm plates are one less bit of shrapnel sent at your squad mates.

Honestly, the thighs and forearms are the most annoying parts to wear on my ODST build. Makes the Halo 2 Anniversary ODST so tempting, so I get doing a build that eliminates the forearms.
Funny enough, I'm not doing the thighs either. Mainly because I've just never cared for how they look. I'll probably do Halo 3 Marine thigh plates

1000004612.jpg

Chest plate built. I think it's slightly misassembled and might redo it, but I think it's worth properly finishing it to wear until I can make something nicer.

1000004644.jpg

Then there's my hip plate which came out very rough, but just like my chest plate, I'm going to fully finish it since it looks good enough for now. I'm blaming it mostly on not properly holding the template down. I used to stick my templates on to card stock, but it became so time consuming to do. If anyone has advice it'd be greatly appreciated

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back