Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfriordan

I am just getting started working with pepakura, and am working on making a custom set of ODST armour. I would really like to have an assault style spaulder, like worn by Mickey in ODST, but have not been able to find a file for it in the armoury, maybe I have missed it, or maybe this has been addressed elsewhere, I couldn't find any mention of it, or a file going through the site. I also have been having a hard time finding files relating to the ODST design from halo 3, as opposed to Halo 3: ODST. If anyone could find me a file for Mickey's assault spaulder I would be highly appreciative.

Hey look, another ODST. (WIP) (Pic heavy)

If you haven't found it already, here^ is a build of Mickey ODST. In it he provided the link to the shoulder that you are asking about (but old links are dead since we've introduced a new resource section). He claims it is called a CQC shoulder. I am not seeing one in the archive yet that looks similar, but it was said that Ral Partha was the original unfolder. Maybe they can help you find it. More files are transferred over every week so keep checking back if anything.

Welcome to the 405th! Good luck and happy building!

You are correct that the ODST entry for Halo 3 only contains some .OBJ files for the helmet. However, I do not really feel like there are too many drastic differences between the Halo 3 ODSTs and the Halo 3: ODST armor, only some increased details.

The very old "Halo Pep Wiki" has some files that are labeled as ODSTs from Halo 3, but I don't know if the links still work:
Pepakura File Index

The Halo 3: ODST files do contain the .OBJ for Mickey's shoulder, but you are right that it does not have an unfolded .PDO. Perhaps someone will be able to create an unfold of the .OBJ, and then it can be added to the zip file in the armory:
Halo 3: ODST - UNSC ODST

If you or any else comes across or makes the missing files, you can always post in the associated linked discussion thread for each Armory entry, and the zip files will be updated to include the missing files:
Halo 3 - UNSC ODST

Additionally, PerniciousDuke is correct in that Mickey's shoulder armor is referred to as ODST CQB armor variant.

You are correct Cadet ! Thank you for the correction. JimmyDeMouse (the original modeler of that shoulder file) refers to it here and on his Deviant Art page as a CQC shoulder, but it should be CQB. Might be worthwhile searching both ways to be safe.

You are correct that the ODST entry for Halo 3 only contains some .OBJ files for the helmet. However, I do not really feel like there are too many drastic differences between the Halo 3 ODSTs and the Halo 3: ODST armor, only some increased details.

The very old "Halo Pep Wiki" has some files that are labeled as ODSTs from Halo 3, but I don't know if the links still work:
Pepakura File Index

The Halo 3: ODST files do contain the .OBJ for Mickey's shoulder, but you are right that it does not have an unfolded .PDO. Perhaps someone will be able to create an unfold of the .OBJ, and then it can be added to the zip file in the armory:

If you or any else comes across or makes the missing files, you can always post in the associated linked discussion thread for each Armory entry, and the zip files will be updated to include the missing files:
Halo 3 - UNSC ODST

Additionally, PerniciousDuke is correct in that Mickey's shoulder armor is referred to as ODST CQB armor variant.
Quite right about the shoulder, I think I was calling it assault because of a model in Garry's Mod or something, that might help me find what I am looking for. I should have remembered from the ODST concept art. Or that it is a CQB expert design I am working on. As for the differences between the halo 3 and ODST version, I am a big fan of the Halo 3 pauldron on the ODSTs and like the apparent layout of their undersuit a little better. Looks easier to work with. I could see why there are not enough differences for people to make much effort in posting things specific to the Halo 3 version, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back