Drew

After doing a bit if research on what would be most comfortable and starter friendly, I decided on working on a Rakshasa suit, plus I love how it looks.
It took a lot of work slicing parts to print and then welding them together and filling in those seems. During the sanding process I moved out of my apartment and it slowed things down a lot but I was able to get back to work on sanding and filling. Then my partner and I sat down and looked at the armor coatings to find one to go with.

IMG_6967.jpeg

IMG_6970.jpeg

IMG_7074.jpeg

After all of that we sort of combined a few with the main colors being tan and green with a maroon-ish bit for accents. I hit it with primer and a little more sanding, then realized the printed boot covers didn't fit, reprinted them and now they fit, hit them with some paint. I added a bit of silver for scratch marks and then a generous amount of black wash, concentrating on the boots and legs, then getting lighter the higher up it goes.

I added all of the soft goods to it, the nylon, elastic, and Paracord. I added some belts to it and then I began my hunt for the undersuit.

I had an old flight suit I had planned to use but it turns out I'm taller than my dad by a lot more than I thought (wider too). I had seen a very good looking flight suit covered in zippers, straps, and padding that lined up perfectly with the undersuit in the game. I had however seen that suit, months before I actually started the build and that took months to do as well. I started looking online for it, searching for much longer than I probably should have, going to nearby military surplus shops. After no luck with the near by shops and doing more research I found the one I had seen all those months ago. The Dutch tanker coveralls. And it was sold out everywhere online. No luck there. I decided to make the drive out to the surplus store by my old apartment just hoping it would still be there and got very very lucky that they still had it and that it fit.

I have now put everything together and I am so happy with how it turned out. It's comfortable, I have full mobility and all I have to do now is get some gloves and figure out how to attach the sidekick to the armor.

IMG_7249.jpeg

IMG_7254.jpeg

It's looks damn good but I do recommend a formed visor or the Artaius helmet. And for attaching the sidekick, I primarily do everything in foam but concept is the same.

20231114_235539.jpg
20240824_003534.jpg

I have magnets in the sidekick with corresponding magnets in my thigh, I did this both with my mk.7 and rakshasa kits. It holds well enough but will get knocked off if hit.

It's looks damn good but I do recommend a formed visor or the Artaius helmet. And for attaching the sidekick, I primarily do everything in foam but concept is the same.

View attachment 352918View attachment 352921

I have magnets in the sidekick with corresponding magnets in my thigh, I did this both with my mk.7 and rakshasa kits. It holds well enough but will get knocked off if hit.
I was planning on ordering the visor from Galactic Armory when I have some extra cash to also cover getting the dye, a large pot I won't mind destroying and some chrome paint. As for the sidekick I'll have to pick up some of this magnets for it. My quick and dirty plan was to add a loop of Paracord on a carabineer around the handle but magnet's would make it look a lot better

That works too, but I mean you could always use a military pistol holster if it really comes down to it. That's what I used for my first iteration for my rakshasa kit, it was the ugly acu pattern I just painted it black.

That works too, but I mean you could always use a military pistol holster if it really comes down to it. That's what I used for my first iteration for my rakshasa kit, it was the ugly acu pattern I just painted it black.
I think I have one that's a solid green packed away somewhere. I mean it should work with the sidekick and it'll loop onto the belt too. I had completely forgotten about that

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back