First EVA build : Mark V

OlieVEVO

Heyo, my name is Olie and I’ve done heavy research on making Eva foam armor, I’m pretty much aware of everything I need, where I need to get it, and what to do. I’m following a guide video by N8TEBB and a couple of other prominent creators. I’ve met my first bump in the road using Armor Smith, I scaled everything to the T with circumferences and lengths, but the build of what I look like still looks way off with my chest being much wider than what it actually is. Is there something I’m doing wrong or need to fix?

Armor Smith (AS) can be very tricky and picky depending on what version of AS you use. I've done my measurements multiple times in that program and I've gotten the Dorito shaped chest to a massive gut and most things in between. As long as your measurements are on it should be alright. I'd recommend only doing one piece at a time i.e. you're doing thighs only build the right and see how it turns out in order to see if it's good or you'll need to resize so save on wasting foam. Another piece of advice is to measure the distance between the openings of the pieces. It may seem right in AS but when you go to build and you can't even get your hand through it.

Armor Smith (AS) can be very tricky and picky depending on what version of AS you use. I've done my measurements multiple times in that program and I've gotten the Dorito shaped chest to a massive gut and most things in between. As long as your measurements are on it should be alright. I'd recommend only doing one piece at a time i.e. you're doing thighs only build the right and see how it turns out in order to see if it's good or you'll need to resize so save on wasting foam. Another piece of advice is to measure the distance between the openings of the pieces. It may seem right in AS but when you go to build and you can't even get your hand through it.
Yea everything looks right my arms, waist, thighs, calves, feet and head, all look perfect but the chest width (by looks) is waaay too wide. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow see how the armor looks when I upload it, but another question I have is I notice there is a depth measurement, does that matter at all with my current measurements already put in? I assume it’s nothing entirely important just wanna make sure

Yes and no. Depth is measuring from front to back and would be considered the " Z " measurement. One thing I do like in AS over pepakura viewer is the free form measurements which allows you to scale X Y Z measurements independently from one another.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back