1st Build First ODST, 3d printed using files from Aguilarworkshop.

Deaths Backhand

Hey guys! I started printing my ODST on my Artillery x1. For the filament I am using SUNLU PETG in black. Starting with the iconic helmet. Using the files I bought from AguilarWorkshop on ETSY, I have the back left printed so far, printing the back right side now. Currently printing in its original size and scale. However I feel like I might need to scale up once I get the helmet fully assembled.

Shoutout to ImBlaze on the 405th discord for pointing me in the right direction to make organic supports. It was a lot easier than expected.
Shoutout to PlanetAlexander -018 for his help with showing me the Blender Spartans pack. This will be very useful when figuring out my ODSTs final color scheme.

Hey guys! I started printing my ODST on my Artillery x1. For the filament I am using SUNLU PETG in black. Starting with the iconic helmet. Using the files I bought from AguilarWorkshop on ETSY, I have the back left printed so far, printing the back right side now. Currently printing in its original size and scale. However I feel like I might need to scale up once I get the helmet fully assembled.

Shoutout to ImBlaze on the 405th discord for pointing me in the right direction to make organic supports. It was a lot easier than expected.
Shoutout to PlanetAlexander -018 for his help with showing me the Blender Spartans pack. This will be very useful when figuring out my ODSTs final color scheme.
HEY! A fellow Aguilar ODST! I love his files honestly, they're the nicest looking and easiest to assemble compared to any other files out there IMO.

If you're worried about sizing, I'm 99% sure the files come with a sizing ring. Before you print anymore pieces out I would suggest printing that out and fitting it over your head. The sizing ring represents the most narrow part of the helmet and it you can slide the ring completely over your head then the whole helmet will fit. the ring is a 1:1 of the helmet so if you size it up by 10% you just have to size all the other pieces equally up 10%.

Hope that helps, and can't wait to see how your project comes out :)

HEY! A fellow Aguilar ODST! I love his files honestly, they're the nicest looking and easiest to assemble compared to any other files out there IMO.

If you're worried about sizing, I'm 99% sure the files come with a sizing ring. Before you print anymore pieces out I would suggest printing that out and fitting it over your head. The sizing ring represents the most narrow part of the helmet and it you can slide the ring completely over your head then the whole helmet will fit. the ring is a 1:1 of the helmet so if you size it up by 10% you just have to size all the other pieces equally up 10%.

Hope that helps, and can't wait to see how your project comes out :)
Hey there! I got some time so I'm going to try out the sizing ring now. Wish me luck.

Hey man, really excited to see how it comes out! How do you plan on doing the visor? I’ve always been stuck when trying to do it on my own.

Hey man, really excited to see how it comes out! How do you plan on doing the visor? I’ve always been stuck when trying to do it on my own.
Ultimately I'm thinking of getting the visor commissioned. My first thoughts were to get someone to print it in resin but the 405th discord strongly advised against the resin method. So once I get the sizing right I will try and find someone to make the visor for me.

If you’re looking at getting a visor commissioned, have a look an Branfuhr Studios. He’s a little more expensive than others, but the quality of his visors are just amazing.

I can post more pics tomorrow. But as of now I'm going to base the armor to the rookie. Some things I am still deciding between themes and my "loadout".
The themes would either be almost standard ODST build.
First idea is grey/black color scheme and basic ODST gear, including the M7S SMG.
The 2nd idea floating around is an obnoxiously "memed out" ODST. For that, I was thinking of throwing a few shades of green on different parts, and slapping as many MTN DEW references I think I can to the outfit. His callsign will be affectionately be known as DEWY. I thought of doing this when I changed my clan tag on COD to ODewST a few years back.

Later down the road I would love to add more gear and props to my loadout. Some additions I eventually want to add would be the SAW from Halo 4/5 and the suppressed magnum to his hip.

I can post more pics tomorrow. But as of now I'm going to base the armor to the rookie. Some things I am still deciding between themes and my "loadout".
The themes would either be almost standard ODST build.
First idea is grey/black color scheme and basic ODST gear, including the M7S SMG.
The 2nd idea floating around is an obnoxiously "memed out" ODST. For that, I was thinking of throwing a few shades of green on different parts, and slapping as many MTN DEW references I think I can to the outfit. His callsign will be affectionately be known as DEWY. I thought of doing this when I changed my clan tag on COD to ODewST a few years back.

Later down the road I would love to add more gear and props to my loadout. Some additions I eventually want to add would be the SAW from Halo 4/5 and the suppressed magnum to his hip.
I personally love the idea of the OdewST, we don't have enough fun builds like that in the hobby. Plus they make for a very unique and recognisable cosplay overall.
Maybe store cold mountain dews in the chest cavity to give to other people in cosplay (or of course to drink yourself lol)

Maybe I could 3d print caps on cans of mtn dew to look like a flashbang handle or something. or like the biofoam med kit. similar cylinder shaped kits.

All the permanent parts were printed at 20% infil. the other parts, such as sizing rings, are at 15%.

Starting off with printing the helmet sizing rings.. I have 3 of the 4 I made pictured. In order to remember what size was which, I labeled them with painters tape. Ended up deciding that the 115% scale would fit me the best.

The following 2 Images are for the upper chest plate. I printed out the center part and left "wing" last summer. I am in the process of redoing both the center plate and left wing. This time I will be printing them vertically and with organic supports. This should look a lot smoother and then the layer lines will basically be the same across all the parts.
I also labeled the parts with painter's tape to remember what I keep and what I will trash.

I just finished printing the left kidney plate and both rib plate pockets. Will add more pictures in the coming days,
20240115_234301[1].jpg
3e887df5-7fba-491c-82c8-3962f8399969[1].jpg
20240116_110438[1].jpg

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back