First post First build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back! I'm glad to see some more Fallout goodies around the forum.

ohhh theres lots more:)

18157958_408825346171119_3333213966748400967_n.jpg

18275042_412048295848824_6719199706202541214_n.jpg

18156943_408528252867495_7281606870366458462_n.jpg

18765978_422153928171594_4035449937283973951_n.jpg

stimpack_by_nerdarmoury-dbbug5v.jpg

uuu nice one:) there's few more, there's couple more i`m working on or will be working on:) trying to get as many classic weapons from F2 as possible

I'm sticking to F3 and F3:NV mostly because that's my nostalgia bomb. Currently working on a Pipboy 3000 and Euclid's C-Finder for my Courier costume.

Testing Some glues right now:) fortunately Gorilla Company was so kind they sent me some free samples to test out :) will post the results when testing is done :)

Yet I don`t understand some people that say, that 3D printing is cheating, that its easy mode of doing props, and nobody seem to realize how much work needs to be put into some designs

I can kind of see their point of view if their knowledge of the 3D printing world is go search on MyMiniFactory, download, print, cosplay. That's definitely easy mode.

Where I get mad is when people say, "Oh you just printed that?". No, I didn't just print it. I spent 5-10 hours preparing a digital model based on an obscure screen shot, used knowledge I've built up over years on how to best print it, smoothed and sanded it for another god knows how long, added electronics and then painted it over the course of several days. There's plenty of skill required to make a printed piece look good and it's time consuming to do it just like any other craft. Just because I get a machine to precision build a part doesn't make any part of this easy. If it looks easy, then I must be doing my job well. </rant>

I can kind of see their point of view if their knowledge of the 3D printing world is go search on MyMiniFactory, download, print, cosplay. That's definitely easy mode.

Where I get mad is when people say, "Oh you just printed that?". No, I didn't just print it. I spent 5-10 hours preparing a digital model based on an obscure screen shot, used knowledge I've built up over years on how to best print it, smoothed and sanded it for another god knows how long, added electronics and then painted it over the course of several days. There's plenty of skill required to make a printed piece look good and it's time consuming to do it just like any other craft. Just because I get a machine to precision build a part doesn't make any part of this easy. If it looks easy, then I must be doing my job well. </rant>

yeah that`s true allot of people work on principle of download and print, where i sometimes do that for the sake of saving time, most of my stuff i worked on for hours, if not months learning how to use zBrush (lucky enough i can use my old company floating licence) and yet i hear sometimes oh You just printed that, not to mention time i spent Building my printer and tuning it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back