foaming help

what kind of foam is best for the inside of an oversized mark v zeta helmet
As in helmet padding? A go to is military ach helmet padding, but to a good way to fill the void is to take scrap eva foam and make panels and stick them in then add additional padding for a snug fit

I just cut up some spare eva foam I have lying around and duct tape it into the helmet. Once it's in the helmet, I take a knife and cut away parts of the foam, or layer more foam on top so that it fits my head snugly.

Hello there,
The padding you choose depends on what you are looking for and how much space you need to fill.
Typical premade helmet padding - Nice quality and coated in a fabric, but it may not be enough to secure your head if it is a heavily oversized helmet.
EVA foam: Good for support around the chin, but it is dense, uncomfortably stiff when used in a helmet, and will become heavy if used too much.
Upholstery (cushion) foam - Soft and squishy, probably the best choice for large and oversized helmets. It is itchy and may need to be lined with Lycra to avoid skin irritation.

Best of luck!

Hello there,
The padding you choose depends on what you are looking for and how much space you need to fill.
Typical premade helmet padding - Nice quality and coated in a fabric, but it may not be enough to secure your head if it is a heavily oversized helmet.
EVA foam: Good for support around the chin, but it is dense, uncomfortably stiff when used in a helmet, and will become heavy if used too much.
Upholstery (cushion) foam - Soft and squishy, probably the best choice for large and oversized helmets. It is itchy and may need to be lined with Lycra to avoid skin irritation.

Best of luck!
thank you so much

I am using upholstery foam for my helmet as well as all of the spacers for things like the inside of my biceps, forearms, and shins to make them comfy and not slide around when moving. It also centers your body inside the armor so it looks better. This is just for the inside parts you cannot see. The parts that you can see will be wrapped in a black stretch material to make a seal so you cannot look into the armor gaps.

The foam I use.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back