* For a Foam Build * Thickness recommendation for a Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

First Strike

Hello all,
I Just got done with my first Con and it was great the only thing i felt i faltered on was not having my own helmet. I just bought the H4 Chief Bucket from Hot topic and with my time constraints all i could do was paint it. This year i will be taking my time on a MK-II version of the suit which proves to be more difficult but in the long run hopefully result in a better suit. The Armor is my own custom Spartan-II in Halo Reach style armor (think Jorge, I actually am using his chest piece for my Spartan) the Helmet in question is the Halo Reach. pictured below is the hopeful outcome of my efforts lol. The question i have is this. What thickness do you all use for your helmets? i'm not worried about weight because i can handle it. i'm worried about space, as I plan on having a removable A.I. Chip, a fan to circulate air, A mic, and L.E.D.s. along with padding. thank you all for any help or insight, and i apologize if this question has been asked before. If it has if you could link it i would happily delete the thread as to not gunk up the forums more so than they already are. Thanks again Spartans.
Ren.jpg

10mm for structural, 6mm for recessed detailing or double stacked for raised, 2mm for greeblies.

There's no "right" way of doing things, that's just generally what I use with off the shelf foam from local stores. If you ordered a higher density foam you could probably make the whole thing out of 6mm and it'd be bulletproof (not really) and maintain shape easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back