1st Build Gold chrome for visor instead of iDye and super chrome?

TrollDude

Would it be possible (instead of having to dye the visor with something like iDye) to just spray the inside of the visor with gold chrome instead of normal super chrome?
I was just wondering since I'm planning on re-vac-forming my current visor, and therefore I wanna find a different way to color my visor, since I had an entire bucket of iDye for just one visor last time...

The picture below shows 3692 antique gold chrome paint for an airbrush for anyone wondering
1726808875088.png

I don't think it would be too much of an issue. When it comes to dying the visor it's easy to find synthetic dyes in many colors that someone might want their visor to be. That's why it's standard practice to dye the visor and then add the mirrored finish behind it. You don't need to dye the visor when you are just doing a silver mirrored visor. The only thing you might experience is because the visor isn't dyed you may see the clear edges of the visor coming through.

IMG_4017.jpg

Here is an example of the undyed MK VI visor sold by Galactic Armory because it is the highest resolution I could find, and it shows what I'm talking about. The light reflections on clear visors will be white, even when sprayed with a color on the inside. Spraying it helps but they will still be slightly white from different angles. Dying it solves that problem. When you are spraying it with a silver mirrored finish this is not a problem.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back