Soft Parts H4 MkVI Undersuit Base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackshadow

Working away on my Mk VI Gen 1, and ran across this on amazon...thoughts?
91MhvEacdsL._SL1500_.jpg

Looks great but keep in mind.....If you are going to be wearing an EVA foam, which acts like an insulator....and this as an undersuit which is a Sport & Outdoor type of clothing which is designed to retains body heat.....it might be a problem. Especially if you wear it during hot weather season. You risk dehydration. But you would look kick-ass though.

Looks great but keep in mind.....If you are going to be wearing an EVA foam, which acts like an insulator....and this as an undersuit which is a Sport & Outdoor type of clothing which is designed to retains body heat.....it might be a problem. Especially if you wear it during hot weather season. You risk dehydration. But you would look kick-ass though.
Good points. I cosplay frequently as Captain America from AoU in a cordura/pleather suit with resin helmet, and that gets damned hot. Gatorade is my friend, for sure!

You might be better of w/ a non-thermal compression or morph suit and detailing it yourself.

There was no Mark VI GEN1 undersuit in Halo 4. Halo 4 had the GEN2 undersuit and all armor permutations had the same undersuit.
If you mean the Mark VI from Halo 3, here are the best references you could use.

As for the listed wear - as people already said, motorcycle clothing may not be the best idea because it'll make you even warmer - and being in the suit will make you already warm and you don't want to overheat.

il_fullxfull.750579880_fi82.jpg

5254a9_33a9cc0b321f4b3586efbae8b24ed2b2.jpg

Definitely not looking at motorcycle armor any more, which is why I thought the heatgear might work nicely as a base. It's supposed to be designed for sports in warm/hot conditions, wicking moisture and all that. Love the undersuit in the pictures, that's amazing stuff.

Thanks for the info and perspectives, always nice to get the expert opinions!

I thought the gear you linked to first was Under Armour "Heat Gear." If it is, then it is a good base, as Heat Gear does exactly as you say, wick away moisture and keep you cooler during strenuous activity. Now, Under Armour "Cold Gear" is designed to retain body heat, and to be used with Sporting events in the cold, and I would definitely not recommend it.

No matter what you use hydration is key. Out of curiosity didn't bungie and 343 say that all armor pieces are interchangeable to include undersuits?

You're fine, this thread is less than two weeks old, not really necro posting at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back