Props Halo 2A/5 Battle Rifle BR55

Status
Not open for further replies.

SierraJeep

Jr Member
FINISHED RIFLE ON PAGE 3

Hey guys! Just made an acc, but i've been lurking for years. This month i started another prop build and finally decided to share this with you all. (Mainly because i have actually been taking progress photos lol) Let me know if you have any questions!

Here's the main reference pic i'm using. I also load up Halo 5 Forge and am able to view the rifle 360 from all angles, which is pretty sick.

image.png

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
View attachment 238726 View attachment 238739 View attachment 238740 View attachment 238738 View attachment 238727 View attachment 238728 View attachment 238735 View attachment 238734 View attachment 238731 View attachment 238729 View attachment 238730 View attachment 238736

Its about 85% complete as it sits now. I haven't taken a picture of what I worked on yesterday, so i'll be sure to upload a couple snaps later.

Note: This is not meant to be a 100% accurate replica. It is about 90% true to the game, though. I took creative liberties when it best suited me. Just sayin'.

(Let me know if i messed anything up posting this)

Thanks for checking it out!

Edit: all the details have been etched in. All that is left is the ammo counter, and a fee odds and ends. Body is complete, waiting on scope to come in the mail so i can modify it. And then its off to paint!

View attachment 238823
View attachment 238825

Also, apperantly i cannot continue to upload to this main post, so the remaining progress will be in the comments section. Either that, or i delete all these pics and post the finished product. We'll see.

FINISHED RIFLE ON PAGE 3

Last edited:
This is great. What materials are you using? Is it layers of foam board and then craft foam on top?

nice! that looks really fantastic! I look forward to seeing the final prop!
I'm very curious to see how you detail the prop. there's a lot of detail in that prop!

also, are you using plastic card? I've been wanting to try the stuff out.
I'll be keeping an eye on your build!

This is great. What materials are you using? Is it layers of foam board and then craft foam on top?
Yes, i layer the foam board to the right thickness and cutout places like the magazine and other depressed areas as well as round sections. Then i start using all different thicknesses of craft foam for the needed details and other layers!

nice! that looks really fantastic! I look forward to seeing the final prop!
I'm very curious to see how you detail the prop. there's a lot of detail in that prop!

also, are you using plastic card? I've been wanting to try the stuff out.
I'll be keeping an eye on your build!
Thank you! I know, it has been a mission to carve out every detail needed. I am using foam board and different thicknesses of craft foam for this build!

Yes, i layer the foam board to the right thickness and cutout places like the magazine and other depressed areas as well as round sections. Then i start using all different thicknesses of craft foam for the needed details and other layers!

Nice way to keep it light and give some structure so it doesn't flop around on you.

When I get around to making my own BR I plan on making it out of floor mats and use either dowls or piping to give it structure and a little bit of weight.

Nice way to keep it light and give some structure so it doesn't flop around on you.

When I get around to making my own BR I plan on making it out of floor mats and use either dowls or piping to give it structure and a little bit of weight.
That doesn't sound bad! I'll keep my eyes peeled for it!

Awesome! This has been one of my main project plans for a while now, looks like you beat me to it:cry: I plan on making mine wood/mdf with movable parts though, so maybe that counts for something? Great job, SierraJeep!

Awesome! This has been one of my main project plans for a while now, looks like you beat me to it:cry: I plan on making mine wood/mdf with movable parts though, so maybe that counts for something? Great job, SierraJeep!
My bad, dude! Haha I wish i could find a shop that sells thin plastics to build with. That would change the game for me. But for now its strictly lights and removable magazines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back