HALO 4/5 MARK VI MASTER CHIEF/EXOSKELETON BUILD (FIBERGLASS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no intention of sharing this due to it being defective or incorrect. I used the wrong type of foam that is very thin. I saw no reason to post a failed project.

Well I originally had no intention. But I wanted Haloshark to have a example or a idea of how it works.

Thanks agentflordia and MasterChief7117, do you know where I can get the armor templates for the EVA foam, also how did you make the shape of the armor, did you sculpt it?

I don't know what armor templates are but I think it means like the model. In the armory there are files for many armors. You download them and open them using either Pepakura Viewer, or Pepakura designer. You can edit the size of the model to fit you in designer and then print out the model in 2 dimensional pieces and then cut out those pieces and them trace them on the foam and then cut the foam out and fold them and assemble them in 3D. I think that is how that works. I'm going to recieve some foam today and try it out. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Cutting the pieces and assembling them can take a long time however.

I don't know what armor templates are but I think it means like the model. In the armory there are files for many armors. You download them and open them using either Pepakura Viewer, or Pepakura designer. You can edit the size of the model to fit you in designer and then print out the model in 2 dimensional pieces and then cut out those pieces and them trace them on the foam and then cut the foam out and fold them and assemble them in 3D. I think that is how that works. I'm going to recieve some foam today and try it out. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Cutting the pieces and assembling them can take a long time however.
Ok thanks

Thanks agentflordia and MasterChief7117, do you know where I can get the armor templates for the EVA foam, also how did you make the shape of the armor, did you sculpt it?
Nah I didn't sculpt it, I used pepakura for the templates, folded them all and then fiberglassed it. You can find foam templates in the link you sent earlier in the thread.

Did Master Chief always have the green there I thought it was always black?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    603.5 KB · Views: 320
Did Master Chief always have the green there I thought it was always black?
Chief's undersuit was changed to have green coloring in Halo 5. Halo 4 had black undersuit parts, but it was changed for Halo 5.

Also, please refrain from posting in other people's build threads. If you have a question, post it in your own build thread in the "General Halo Discussion" sub-forum.

Chief's undersuit was changed to have green coloring in Halo 5. Halo 4 had black undersuit parts, but it was changed for Halo 5.

Also, please refrain from posting in other people's build threads. If you have a question, post it in your own build thread in the "General Halo Discussion" sub-forum.

Just to clarify, hope you don't mind. The techsuit (undersuit) changed from Halo 4 to Halo 5 - you can see the whole texture and literally everything about it. In Halo 5 Chief has a new and fully upgraded GEN2 armor.

Nice! Always nice to see a fiberglass build! Good luck, you have already some nice progress. :)

Just to clarify, hope you don't mind. The techsuit (undersuit) changed from Halo 4 to Halo 5 - you can see the whole texture and literally everything about it. In Halo 5 Chief has a new and fully upgraded GEN2 armor.

yep what he said hehe!

oh yeah, what material did you use for your visor?

IMG_7476.JPG IMG_7478.JPG IMG_7479.JPG IMG_7480.JPG

So here are some tips that I learned on how to get cleaner and more effective ways when working with fiberglass

- Use baby powder to coat surface of resined piece (dry resin) with a brush to remove tacky surface
- I also put baby powder on my gloves and skin that way fibers and resin won't get stuck as much, and that they won't enter your pores!
- Use spray adhesive to stick the fiberglass on your pep, when it's glued and dry, just apply resin and you won't worry as much with getting fibers stuck on your brush

- Use fiberglass CHOPPED STRAND MAT!!, it can fill in gaps better and can be a lot stronger since it has fibers going in all direction unlike fiberglass cloth. It is also easier to apply!
A lot of people say the cloth is better, but in reality fiberglass is the same material in the end of the day, in other words it can only be stronger depending on your use and layers! (density is factor too) But this is how I do it, up to you if want to use cloth.

- Stop cutting your fiberglass into tiny squares, I know it is very different when it comes to costume making, but try your best to use bigger pieces. Not only will it give you a cleaner
advantage when working, but you are then able to utilize what fiberglass is for! Cutting it defeats its purpose! But you can go ahead and use smaller pieces for certain areas when necessary ^^

- And always wear a proper respirator, gloves, and any protection for your skin! Work in a ventilated area and fiberglass the inside of your work!!

Hope these tips were useful, you guys can ask for more if you want or even share your tips and tricks!

MasterChief7117

Looking good bro! As for me the pieces that I'll be fiber glassing next, I'm ditching the adhesive spray. To time consuming. I find that the spray dries to quick, and then you have to keep applying more in between laying the fiberglass. Maybe its the brand name? I see that you were using Elmers. The spray that I used was Loctite brand. Finger tips get very sticky, and messy from the spray. But, like you have mentioned the baby powder helps. Keep plugging away!

MasterChief7117

Looking good bro! As for me the pieces that I'll be fiber glassing next, I'm ditching the adhesive spray. To time consuming. I find that the spray dries to quick, and then you have to keep applying more in between laying the fiberglass. Maybe its the brand name? I see that you were using Elmers. The spray that I used was Loctite brand. Finger tips get very sticky, and messy from the spray. But, like you have mentioned the baby powder helps. Keep plugging away!

Yeah I think it maybe the brand or something, the spray I use actually gave me a lot of working time. But I'll clarify next time, I'll do some testing to see how long it lasts. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back