Props Halo Magnum Build (cardboard) 99% complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey it sure has been awhile since I've made a prop, but Animazement 2012 is coming up so i decided to work on armor and props again.

But yeah
Started simply with tracing an outline to cardboard.
2i92dde.jpg

Added more detail and used this 2 part epoxy to fill the edges of the cardboard. but it didnt work out to well and it took way too long to dry, So i began to use bondo spot putty.
vy2qyt.jpg

A bit more detail and added the grip with a of foam and carved the detail into it. annd also gave it a bit of primer to see exactly where it needed some smoothing
fk0kqu.jpg

let me know what you guys think so far :)

oh....
my...
god. that is freakin amzing! XD thats just like, wow. ive only got one beef with it. tthe reach back is more square than rounded.
but how did you do the camera guard thing, the one i made looks like sh...

finished it up to day, dont mine the horrible paint job i suck at painting

1196q2d.jpg

I'll post more and better pics once i get my camera back.

oh....
my...
god. that is freakin amzing! XD thats just like, wow. ive only got one beef with it. tthe reach back is more square than rounded.
but how did you do the camera guard thing, the one i made looks like sh...

thanks, which part are you referring to exactly?

Okay, you now how the magnum has that funny looking guard on top that covers the cylinder (camera) in every game but odst and H2, thats the part i mean. If i dont make sense still, the part with the yellow stripe.

Okay, you now how the magnum has that funny looking guard on top that covers the cylinder (camera) in every game but odst and H2, thats the part i mean. If i dont make sense still, the part with the yellow stripe.

OH! okay, but heres a template i made. I scored the cardboard at the red marks then folded it to shape.
33natea.jpg

DMR? Amazing! I was gona start one soon, but i wasted the last of my glue on my helmet
(link in signature)
Is it getting its own thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back