Props Halo Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrig

Hey everyone!

I haven't been posting much on here, but I'm going to try and post more!

The current project is the M45 Tactical Shotgun from Halo Reach. My plan is: (will update as I go)
  1. 3D print individual parts
  2. Sand each part smooth
  3. Glue everything together
  4. Sand/ bondo/ spot putty
  5. Wet sand to 2000 grit
  6. Make mold (need some experienced opinions)
  7. Cast (smooth cast 325 or 65D?)
  8. Wet sand whole resin cast
  9. Prime/ add base coat of flat black
  10. Add grey and do dry brushing
  11. Weather/ add decals
  12. Clearcoat and take lots of pictures!
latest?cb=20160511104159.png

image1-6.jpg

6-8-17:
Have the files, need to cut into smaller pieces so it fits on my print bed. Should start printing sometime tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I haven't been posting much on here, but I'm going to try and post more!

The current project is the M45 Tactical Shotgun from Halo Reach. My plan is: (will update as I go)
  1. 3D print individual parts
  2. Sand each part smooth
  3. Glue everything together
  4. Sand/ bondo/ spot putty
  5. Wet sand to 2000 grit
  6. Make mold (need some experienced opinions)
  7. Cast (smooth cast 325 or 65D?)
  8. Wet sand whole resin cast
  9. Prime/ add base coat of flat black
  10. Add grey and do dry brushing
  11. Weather/ add decals
  12. Clearcoat and take lots of pictures!
View attachment 244821

View attachment 244822

If anyone is interested in either a cast or a painted version I am doing an early bird discount.

6-8-17:
Have the files, need to cut into smaller pieces so it fits on my print bed. Should start printing sometime tomorrow.
depends on your price. I'm interested, but awaiting prices.

Hello Lasrig! You're almost at the point if you were going to sell something to be able to do so (50 posts/90 days) in the Marketplace. Let's leave this for now as a build thread (which I'll move to the appropriate forum for you and once you have the ability and permission, you can perhaps consider selling.

Using anyone's model to make profit of it requires asking for permission - unless it's clearly written you're free to do whatever you want with it.

Hello Lasrig! You're almost at the point if you were going to sell something to be able to do so (50 posts/90 days) in the Marketplace. Let's leave this for now as a build thread (which I'll move to the appropriate forum for you and once you have the ability and permission, you can perhaps consider selling.
Gotcha, even though I've had this account for a while I'm still kind of new at all of this! If there's anything else I'm doing wrong please tell me! (I edited out the purchase thing)

Using anyone's model to make profit of it requires asking for permission - unless it's clearly written you're free to do whatever you want with it.
Currently awaiting permission, whenever I wrote the post I worded it wrong, all I wanted to know was if there was interest. Didn't mean to break any rules!

In which case, you would need to ask permission to sell these. Kaween is usually cool with this stuff, but you should ask still.
Waiting for permission as I type this, and I don't know the price yet, also I didn't know I wasn't really supposed to sell stuff! Still a bit of a newbie, but learning as fast as I can!

Well that's one way to build your post count. :p

When you click the "+Quote" button it stacks it to the previous one. So you can keep clicking the + sign and then click the "insert quote" button and it will insert all of them.

-edit- And as Blackwell said, Kaween is pretty nice. He'll probably be okay with you selling your prints if you ask. You're very close to being able to post in the 405th Marketplace, otherwise you can always do Etsy. Kaween does have high standards though, so don't go trying to sell your failed prints!! :)

Good luck with the shotgun. I'm very happy with mine, even if it is not assembled. :/

Well that's one way to build your post count. :p

When you click the "+Quote" button it stacks it to the previous one. So you can keep clicking the + sign and then click the "insert quote" button and it will insert all of them.

-edit- And as Blackwell said, Kaween is pretty nice. He'll probably be okay with you selling your prints if you ask. You're very close to being able to post in the 405th Marketplace, otherwise you can always do Etsy. Kaween does have high standards though, so don't go trying to sell your failed prints!! :)

Good luck with the shotgun. I'm very happy with mine, even if it is not assembled. :/
Ok! Thanks for the tip! I hope he does, and I was actually planning on makihg resin casts because I don't have much faith in my 3D printing abilities :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back