Soft Parts Halo Reach Noble 6 custom undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electraknite

BMO
405th Regiment Officer
Hello, Im keeping this thread to just the undersuit. I do plan on making the armor, i just don't know how long it will take me between the two.

Here is the plan.. sort of. this thing may or may not end up looking rather modified.
70d70e1f81c7abe732fff5a23298b7be.jpg

Whats happened so far:
IMG_0220 (2).jpg IMG_0221(2).jpg
I made the pattern. I started with Yaya Hans pattern but ended up scraping it and making my own. i work better when i make my own.

IMG_0224(2).jpg IMG_0225(2).jpg
here I've started sewing the bodysuit. front and back panels are 2 layers each of nylon spandex, the sides are a fluffy mesh that's usually used on backpacks. I've also used leather on the hips.
IMG_0226(2).jpg
and I've just started figuring out the back panel detail with spandex pleather.

This "explanation" was pretty vague so if you have questions please ask and give me suggestions.
good night, I'm exhausted.

IMG_0228 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Your vague explanation was quite through.......good job so far. as far as time frame......take your time, no rush.

Aw...I'm so jealous...I wish I had the skills for something like this. I've been trying to make the H5 undersuit, not by sewing, but I may try it.
How do you go about sewing stretchy things (spandex) to non-stretchy things (leather)?
This looks fantastic, are you building armor?

Aw...I'm so jealous...I wish I had the skills for something like this. I've been trying to make the H5 undersuit, not by sewing, but I may try it.
How do you go about sewing stretchy things (spandex) to non-stretchy things (leather)?
This looks fantastic, are you building armor?
Thanks! i would give sewing a try, if you can get your hands on a sewing machine. just to start, I'd recommend sewing details onto already existing clothing.
I usually use a serger for sewing spandex if it is an edge stitch. I use zig-zag for everything else. Sometimes I'll use masking tape to keep the spandex from stretching as I sew it. masking tape also helps when the material (pleathers and vinyls) is sticking to the machine and bunching up.

Your vague explanation was quite through.......good job so far. as far as time frame......take your time, no rush.
Oh I plan to go slowly. haha, compared to other people, I'm a lady of few words.

Last edited:
(y) Well lets see those few words turn in to a great build!!!

The Bad news: I didn't make as much progress as i would've liked.. lots of seam ripping, and there's more to do on the hip detail. again. I know I can do better.
the back detail should be higher but i didn't catch that until too late. and I don't think I can change it unless someone really thinks I should try. And I'm almost out of leather.

The Good news: my neck seal is looking TIGHT, in a good way, its also perfectly fits my neck. now I just have to come up with a good way of connecting it, and the part that really matters: This bodysuit fits me like a glove. I love it.

IMG_0230(2).jpg IMG_0231(2).jpg IMG_0236(2).jpg IMG_0237(2).jpg IMG_0239(2).jpg

hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have the neck and zipper installed and those hips fixed.. possibly the back detail (if you guys think I should)

Unless you were going of dead on game accuracy, I would leave as is and if you were going to make the spinal portion, it should go up higher than where you have the leather now....

everything is fixed! a couple miss-alignments but nothing I cant live with. I did end up moving the back detail up. the hips pads looks hella nice and clean. neck seal is in and fits perfectly and the zipper is done!

IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0248.jpg IMG_0252.JPG IMG_0249 (2).jpg

Also, just for fun, here's a pic of all the textures I'm using.

IMG_0254(2).jpg

Next up is ab details, sleeves and finishing the leg holes. I'm making the crotch either have snaps or velcro because bathrooms.... leggings will be separate.

Great job!!!! Yeah........definitely need to be able to go......w/o taking your whole suit off.......

Wow that is some really great sewing. Snaps I think would work better. that way you always line up the top and bottoms at the same spot, instead of Velcro which probably wouldn't be as precise with horizontal strips.

Thanks for all the compliments everybody!! :D

Wow that is some really great sewing. Snaps I think would work better. that way you always line up the top and bottoms at the same spot, instead of Velcro which probably wouldn't be as precise with horizontal strips.
I'm not sure what you mean by precise. The way I'm thinking should be pretty good, I just worry that velcro could ruin the fabric and make it pill up.

Also, on that note: does anyone know why snaps are the go-to for fastening crotches? is it just whats easy?

I think it's just to prevent Velcro scratchiness on yer' tenders. (A) the corners of Velcro can poke through spandex and reaaaly hurt, and (B) the Velcro fastener itself tends to be scratchy. plus, Velcro is expensive in comparison, and snaps are pretty easy to attach.

Thom A293 means that when you re-fasten the crotch with Velcro, there may be a misalignment because you can't really see what you're doing without making a big show. With snaps, there's only one way it will fasten.

Small update, I've attached one arm so far. I couldn't get the shoulder detail to cooperate so I'm leaving that out until i figure out a better way. The ab detail is on, It's a little underwhelming to me. Too flat i think but I'm leaving it unless I have an epiphany.

The real thing I want to talk about is the mesh material.
It looks good, however, it's not very sturdy and its starting to fall apart. I serged all my seams so I have no seam allowance left and the mesh is "fraying" i guess would be the word to describe it. Basically, I've had to sew any mesh seams again and It's made the whole suit slightly tighter. I can still wear it no problem but I am sad because my seams don't look professional anymore and I'm a little worried it won't be able to take all the abuse I was hoping.

My thoughts are:
1.Take the body suit apart and rebuild it out of new material? I still have a crap-ton of spandex so I wouldn't have to buy anymore of it. The torso is also the fastest and easiest part to build.
2. Stick with it and wait until it actually falls apart at some inconvenient time?

You're all thinking wtf, this chick is a crazy perfectionist. (I know. I'm sorry)

Here, have some pictures

IMG_0256(2).jpg IMG_0257(2).jpg IMG_0258(2).jpg IMG_0260(2).jpg

Haha; most, if not all of us, are perfectionists. so...we don't judge. :D

I personally don't think it needs to be re-made, it looks pretty professional, but it's hard to tell when you can't see it in person and see how strong the seams are.

But, yeah...you're the creator of your suit, so do what you like. It looks really good, but I know what you mean by wanting to restart. I always feel like I can do better with my suits (which is why I've made 3 different Master Chief suits for myself :p), so I try again when I think there's room for improvement. I don't have much of a sewing talent, so I can't say

anyway, it looks great, better than I could ever sew! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back