Halo: Reach Spartan Costume (First Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... Seeing a virtual version of yourself is not always a pleasant thing. I still have to rescale my avatar... I scared of the results. Lol.

Question: So I just got a brand new PC to replace my laptop and was wonder how do I get Armorsmith on it without having to repurchase the program again?

You should have gotten a registration number or something like it. You should be able to just download it again and key in the number.

I thought that as well, but I can only click "I want this" which then leads to putting in credit card info. So I do not know what to do at the moment with that. I sent a question to the owner through their site, so Ill just have to wait and see I guess.

EDIT: Ok, so their was actually a download link in the email they sent when I first got it that also had the number. I forgot it had a download link. I had to go dumpster diving in my Gmail trash for it.

Last edited:
Halo Reach Armor Build:

Ok, So after 24 posts of random questions and help (all of which is greatly appreciated) I can finally say that my suit has "officially" started or make progress. Finally got Armorsmith working and was able to make this guy in a couple hours or so. The "dummy" was transferred from my laptop so I didn't have to redo that and thankfully it didn't decided to overheat the PC like it kept doing with my laptop.
Smith1.PNG
RED - Existing helmet
BLUE/GREEN: Foam Pieces
GOLD: Hard Pieces (thinking 3d printed)
WHITE: I don't know yet

I didn't take a pic of the dummy alone, but he is skinny, luckily I think I have hidden that decently without inhibiting movement to much... hopefully. What do you guys think of scaling? I feel like the Grenadier shoulder and thighs may be a little small. On the shoulder, it feels flatter than it should.

I know this thread has been kinda derailed for a bit, I was hoping for a more smooth beginning, anyways, I just wanna say thanks to those who have helped me to this point and hopefully this will now stay on track.

It looks like you may have to adjust your chest piece a little bit. Maybe lengthen it a bit so that the holes for you arms a larger and the armour that covers the ribs is lower. Right now it looks like the biceps and ribs will butt up against each other and you won't be able to put your arms down comfortably. Here's a reference to help if you need.
aba1d6e9b5af270333a7bf67728a0729.png

It looks like you may have to adjust your chest piece a little bit. Maybe lengthen it a bit so that the holes for you arms a larger and the armour that covers the ribs is lower. Right now it looks like the biceps and ribs will butt up against each other and you won't be able to put your arms down comfortably. Here's a reference to help if you need.
View attachment 249125
You know, I have actually been using that exact image for reference. as for scaling and movement. I feel something is off with the grenadier pep, the under arm area sticks out way more than it does in game from what I can tell. Also it has no back detail. So far since I posted it, I have enlarged the thighs and shins a little and "exaggerated" the arch of the grenadier shoulder a little (it seems to match the game assets more). As for the chest, I have swapped it to the regular mark V for the moment, What I would like to do is make it so it could go over a partly built mark V body.

Hey... so I haven't done much recently with the suit and since I want to get back into it, I was wonder, is their a way to printed the scaled templates from Armorsmith? or do I have to make those adjustments in pep designer?

Hey... so I haven't done much recently with the suit and since I want to get back into it, I was wonder, is their a way to printed the scaled templates from Armorsmith? or do I have to make those adjustments in pep designer?
You can print your rescaled part from Armoursmith. Just click the part you want to print and then I believe its the workspace tab ( there have some changes made in recent update ) and the screen should show you all the unfolded bits. You will have to re arrange everything because of the scale change. Then just print away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back