Halo Rocket Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

big4wheeler

Jr Member
Well guys, I have begun work on a full scale rocket launcher.

What I have done so far.

The tube and one band that holds it together

th_SUNP0196.jpg

Half of the front handle grip (a minor accident set me back half a handle)

th_SUNP0197.jpg

Sorry about the crappy resolution, I ended up using a older one because I couldn't find mine...

Anyways, when I get this finished, it will be able to launch an este's rockets from each of the tubes, though you will have to turn it yourself instead of it auto turning to the next tube. When I get the tubes and rockets configured to launch I'll record the video and have it posted here.

I hope to get this done before school begins next month, but I'll have to wait and see.

Feel free to comment or criticize.

Coolio! Pvc is definetely a good route to go for the barrels. If you want, you could also look into using pvc for the whole main housing as well. I was looking into it a few months ago. I believe a 6" diameter flush bushing might be in order, as well as 1 or 2 6" couplings to lengthen it. I drew up a diagram for ya if yur interested. Here you go:

[attachment=10410:SPNKR Diagram.jpg]

Looking forward to seeing how this comes along ;)

mmmmm... i would love to see the finished result.. with some form of hobby rocket jammed down the barrel.

can't wait.

oh and if you put sections of PVC in boiling water.. get it to a certain temperature.. then it will soften and you can cut it into sheets..

makes it a bit easier than metal, plaster, or like fibreglass if you want i guess..

and probs cheaper too.. but you can't beat good old wood.

cheap and easy to work.

PVC does come up really nice when you're all done. and it doesn't rot. or snap. or splinter.

really good for those parts like the reciever.. and the well.. flat bits.

and detail.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back