Halo Roleplay Discussion

BlondieDoes

Halo there! Does anyone do Halo roleplay? If so, what’s your preferred style or maybe you’d like to try it?

I do mostly text based in a Discord server with an inspired DnD style.

Indeed, our current system is DnD based with a few tweaks to fit the discord flow and play style.

We've got a system that allows us to have both moderator and player lead story arcs! It's very fun!

I have several characters as well as NPCs in the Discord server. I appreciate the flexibility when it comes to dice rolls and being able to occasionally use “The Rule of Cool” to do something super boomtastic.

We are currently working on a big open test event as well. I'm interested to see what people think of an "open invitation Rp event"

We've got quite the cast of characters set up and I'm very curious what characters BESIDES spartans people will want to make.

I have several characters as well as NPCs in the Discord server. I appreciate the flexibility when it comes to dice rolls and being able to occasionally use “The Rule of Cool” to do something super boomtastic.
I’m in server and part of the RP and can testify to this. I have quite cast of characters myself and NPCs. It’s a lot of fun and many great moments.

Plus I find it a great learning experience. Crafting a unique OC can be difficult and so people often default to strapping as many colors. And attachments, and unique backstory too them. But that can make it hard to cosplay that character, or makes for really shallow character story. I like to say it's not what you've got it's what you do with it. Crafting a deep interesting oc is much more fun in my opinion than just always having a tool for the job. Not that there's anything wrong with being a Swiss army knife character, just that RP helps players develop more grounded characters.

I like keeping it simple with my specialized characters. Stealthy Sniper Spartan lady, the “She’s a KNIFE Lady”, my sniper combat AI, and spooky sassy Spartan lady.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back