Have Your Cake And Eat It Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
Well, inspired by JangoFett's "Mk VI Mint/Chocolate Mold" thread -- suspiciously enough, there's been a lot of that happening lately; members being motivated by other people's work, lol -- as I'd briefly mentioned in his thread I decided to design a HALO-themed cake:

MC Cake -- Pic 01

For those wondering just what I based the design on, I thought about using the same style of TMNT Cake Pan I'd used years ago to make a Star Trek Worf cake (that's roughly what it looked like) for my birthday one year:

TMNT Cake Pan (eBay)

Below is a comparison between the original cake design and my version of it:

MC Cake -- Pic 02

Now, I know some people may think this would be a rather difficult thing to put together given all the detail I put into it, but from previous experience I know it could be done.

Simply enough, all one would have to do is cover the entire cake in green frosting as a base coat, using some food colouring to make the visor area orange. From there, all one would have to do is use an icing bag (filled with black-coloured icing) with the correct narrow detailing tip to "draw" out all the lines.

Personally, I think it would make for a helluva great cake for a special occasion, lol.

Of course, after I drafted the cake design I got to thinking how else it could be used, so I played around with it just a bit and ended up with a sort of cartoon-ized 405th logo/image:

Cartoony 405th Logo

Cartoony 405th Logo (Close-up)

If nothing else, I'm sure some of the female membership would find this MC to be very cute:lol:

EDIT: The random things I come up with, if even given a few minutes to myself, lol. Yeesh.

Wow Master Chief really let himself go. :rolleyes

Pretty cool idea. I bet it would sell really well for kid's birthdays these days.

All you'd really have to do to make it is get the Turtle one, put a decent layer of clay down to line it for the original design, fill it with some kind of backing for stability, then demold and alter the clay with a Master Chief makeover. Let clay harden and then pound some tin over it. I'm sure that's what you tought of already though.

23Magnum said:
Wow Master Chief really let himself go. :rolleyes

Pretty cool idea. I bet it would sell really well for kid's birthdays these days.

All you'd really have to do to make it is get the Turtle one, put a decent layer of clay down to line it for the original design, fill it with some kind of backing for stability, then demold and alter the clay with a Master Chief makeover. Let clay harden and then pound some tin over it. I'm sure that's what you tought of already though.

BOLD # 1: LMAO! :lol: Yeah, well... I kinda had to design it to fit the outline of the existing pan.

BOLD # 2: That's a great idea, buddy! And, actually... no, I hadn't already thought of that, lol. I was going to go the hard route and just use the existing pan, simply re-detailing the cake using the icing itself (that's what I'd done for my Worf birthday cake)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I thought I was the only one who had thought about something like this! Haha :lol: I personally think it would truly amazing to get a professional company to make a cake perfectly in the shape of the MC's helm. You could base it on the legendary helm, and maybe even get it on one of those food network shows about the cake companies who do custom jobs!

I personally am priveleged to know an incredibly gifted girl at my school who is the epitome of cake decorating goodness. I swear when she gets married, her husband is gonna be the luckiest guy on planet earth. He'll have the worlds best cook and baker at his beck and call! haha :p Anyway, I asked her about trying her hand at something like this for my birthday next year, and she said she'll think about it. How awesome would that be? :lol:

I want to see delicious cake... your thread said delicious cake... what are these drawing all about?

j/k good stuff. If ninja turtles can make a good cake, then Master Chief shall make a brilliant cake!

I'm hungry. Let's see cake!

HeavyGunner said:
Wow! I thought I was the only one who had thought about something like this! Haha :lol: I personally think it would truly amazing to get a professional company to make a cake perfectly in the shape of the MC's helm. You could base it on the legendary helm, and maybe even get it on one of those food network shows about the cake companies who do custom jobs!

I personally am priveleged to know an incredibly gifted girl at my school who is the epitome of cake decorating goodness. I swear when she gets married, her husband is gonna be the luckiest guy on planet earth. He'll have the worlds best cook and baker at his beck and call! haha :p Anyway, I asked her about trying her hand at something like this for my birthday next year, and she said she'll think about it. How awesome would that be? :lol:

BOLD # 1: Nope, you're not the only one, HG. And this isn't the first time I've thought of something like this, lol.

BOLD # 2: That would be incredibly awesome if she did that for your birthday, dude! Maybe my design will be of some use to her (she can go ahead and use it, if she wants).

Sean Bradley said:
I want to see delicious cake... your thread said delicious cake... what are these drawing all about?

j/k good stuff. If ninja turtles can make a good cake, then Master Chief shall make a brilliant cake!

I'm hungry. Let's see cake!

BOLD # 1: Actually, I didn't say "delicious cake" in this thread. I just said "MC cake" :p lol

BOLD # 2: Patience, my friend. Patience. One can't rush the awesomeness that is MC, even in cake form, lol. Like I said, I do plan on making one like this myself, but need a special occasion for it. My birthday just passed, so... I don't know, maybe if I could find out the anniversary date the 405th was started, I could do up an MC cake for that occasion and take some pics for everyone ;)

Btw, Sean... what do you think of the 405th logo revision I made to the design? Do you think it'd make for a kewl cartoonized version? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back