Hello and i need help :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel332

hey guys! i have recently created my first own ODST armor using the DFT Templates. I really like the armor but is it really considered ODST due to some major differences to the original?

And my next project will be attempting the Halo 3 ODST armor using the Armory resources..but here comes the help part.. can someone tell me if i just cut and trace the FOAM templates from the armory as they are or do i need to split them into more parts?? I really dont want to mess this up. So if there is a tutorial on that exact armor or sth I missed please help me out. Thanks in advance and feet first into hell!

hey guys! i have recently created my first own ODST armor using the DFT Templates. I really like the armor but is it really considered ODST due to some major differences to the original?

Yes the costume is definitely "ODST" since that's the general look and feel of it, the costume can likely get you Deployment Level 1 since I'm guessing it looks rad. To get it to a Level 2 or 3 you'd most definitely have to make a few changes if you followed the DFT patterns to a tee because there's a few pieces missing and a few things added.

can someone tell me if i just cut and trace the FOAM templates from the armory as they are or do i need to split them into more parts??

The foam pdo files are Pepakura files that have been simplified to accommodate the differences between a paper and a foam build so you'll be good to go after scaling to fit your body in Pepakura, Armorsmith or whichever program you use.

I really dont want to mess this up. So if there is a tutorial on that exact armor or sth I missed please help me out. Thanks in advance and feet first into hell!

There's a couple different tutorials floating around and build threads for various ODST armours. PaiganBoi is extremely active on the forums and just finished off an awesome Halo 3 ODST so you might be able to glean some information from him.

I'm not sure if it's just all the coffee I've had today but the pacing of your post/sentence structure made me feel really anxious for some reason. Just thought I'd point that out. Don't mind me.

Yes the costume is definitely "ODST" since that's the general look and feel of it, the costume can likely get you Deployment Level 1 since I'm guessing it looks rad. To get it to a Level 2 or 3 you'd most definitely have to make a few changes if you followed the DFT patterns to a tee because there's a few pieces missing and a few things added.

The foam pdo files are Pepakura files that have been simplified to accommodate the differences between a paper and a foam build so you'll be good to go after scaling to fit your body in Pepakura, Armorsmith or whichever program you use.

There's a couple different tutorials floating around and build threads for various ODST armours. PaiganBoi is extremely active on the forums and just finished off an awesome Halo 3 ODST so you might be able to glean some information from him.

I'm not sure if it's just all the coffee I've had today but the pacing of your post/sentence structure made me feel really anxious for some reason. Just thought I'd point that out. Don't mind me.

Thanks for the reply.
I am sorry if my pacing made you anxious, was not my intention.
Now I just need to figure out how to scale properly.
And I have posted a few pics a bit ago. I will have some more final pictures of the finished armor up tomorrow

Just as long as you can set up your dummy with your proper measurements the scaling should be good. Mind you can still make some mistakes if you scale too snug or too big.

Here the final pics of my completed armor

IMG_20181005_161050108~01.jpg

IMG_20181005_161107169~01.jpg

IMG_20181005_161114580~01.jpg

IMG_20181005_161119438~01.jpg

IMG_20181005_161140536~01.jpg

IMG_20181005_161148762~01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back