Helmet hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redribbon

Greetings!
I am planning to remove my helmet at some point during the cosplay day - and I have concerns about crazy hair from static electricity! There's plenty of room for a tight bun, but I happen to have bangs and plenty of fly aways!
I seem to see most females either keep the helmet off (displaying perfect hair) or have a ski hood on (and never expose the hair).
Are their any veteran females (or males with long hair) that have recommendations for managing this?

I'm a short-haired guy, but I would suggest keeping the helmet off, and carrying it. This way, you get to (A) Display your helmet, and (B) Display your perfect hair.

lol, win-win all the way! ;)

Well if I keep it off all day - hands will be full constantly as I also want to bring the rifle. I've never been to a convention let alone cosplay- I assume there will be things I will want to hold or buy there haha.

Hello guys,

Where can I find some files for my planed halo cosplay?
I haven`t find something. :/

Hello guys,

Where can I find some files for my planed halo cosplay?
I haven`t find something. :/

Are you having trouble finding specific armor files for pepekura/foam/3D builds? Or files you thought you already downloaded/saved?
The costumes and props tab has threads in that section covering the process for builds. or the long way is to just search HALO (or other key words for the halo armor build you are looking for) in the website search engine for the Armory

Last edited:
I have got something very similar to a sky mask it's basically for riding motorcycles and controlling the temperature. I find it easier to keep everything in place and also hides your neck and hair, since it's long enough to get tucked in to a shirt. Win win. And you get that sweet buzz lightyear look when you remove the helmet.

Most of the time I just rock the Balaclava, but other times I just go without.

Last edited:
Maybe don't do any foam inside the helmet?
Personally I went with how Stormies rock. The headstrap, you can take it from security helmet.
It will allow for more air and airflow in the helmet and should not make your hair electric.

Other than that people just rather wear balaclavas or such masks.

hqdefault.jpg

Personally I went with how Stormies rock. The headstrap, you can take it from security helmet.
It will allow for more air and airflow in the helmet and should not make your hair electric.

View attachment 241540

That is an awesome idea. I picked up a trooper helmet for 2 bucks at a yard sale and was just going to use the voice box for a build but now I have more parts to use yay.

image.jpg

View attachment 241540
I have a clone helmet that use that idea and it's pretty comfortable (and i have a really sensitive scalp) don't know bout the hair though because my hair is allway super short

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    768.2 KB · Views: 194
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back