Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizinski117

i really need help with my armor pieces. I am using pepakura right now for the armor but want some parts to be foam. I cant seem to get the size and the foam to cut right i am on a tight budget/ timeline and would appreciate some help. I would like to get this suit done before the end of next month for an event that is coming up at the UofM football field. I really just need help building it i can paint and detail after i get it built. The suit is a halo CE suit, I already have the helmet the the arms. The difficult part i have is time just since football started and i am quite busy with that. if some one could help with the suit/ measurements (were i need to measure to get the right size the first time ) ihave looked at a measuring post and i seem to keep messing it up.

Scaling for foam is pretty much the same, just depending on the thickness of the foam, make it then just slightly bigger. As for cutting foam, get a sharp knife.
Measurements are custom, you need to measure yourself to make it fit you.

Scaling for foam is pretty much the same, just depending on the thickness of the foam, make it then just slightly bigger. As for cutting foam, get a sharp knife.
Measurements are custom, you need to measure yourself to make it fit you.
I understand how to measure I followed a very detailed post on here. As for cutting the foam i know i need a sharp knife.

I understand how to measure I followed a very detailed post on here. As for cutting the foam i know i need a sharp knife.
I understand how to measure I followed a very detailed post on here. As for cutting the foam i know i need a sharp knife.[/QUOT
Last night i spent hour or so measuringand i am sure that i have it done correctly i am now going off od width and not just height. That would be ok?

Scaling takes time Gizinski117. This was the toughest part of my two suits. There is some software called Armorsmith that will allow you to place your measurements on a virtual dummy and then import all of your pepakura files to fit that. You may wish to try that route. I always when i was creating my parts measured the longer length of my body part and then converted that to MM and then scaled my piece. It wasn't always perfect however. You should always check your cross dimensions after you have scaled to make sure something isn't off too before committing to the piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back