Hex pattern in visors.

Carr

I just really want to know, how do you guys get that hex pattern in your visors? I’m making a vacuum forming machine here at some point, and I’m just curious how yall paint it in there?

This post makes me curious on the best ways to do this.
Are you trying to make the hex pattern recess or protruding?
Or just flat and painted over?
Technically if you had the buck 3d model, you theoretically could create the recess or protrusion on the file, though I have personally no experience in that lol.

This post makes me curious on the best ways to do this.
Are you trying to make the hex pattern recess or protruding?
Or just flat and painted over?
Technically if you had the buck 3d model, you theoretically could create the recess or protrusion on the file, though I have personally no experience in that lol.
I feel like having it any other way than flat would take away from the detail of the rest of the visor. I wonder if the plastic I do it in needs to be plastidipped with the hex pattern before hand? I just had this thought.

That would probably give you just about the amount of depth you would need to be visibile on the vacform. vacforms show off literally every nook and cranny, so if it isn't completely smooth it will show. so that is a good idea. Not sure what your plan is for plastidiping that though. but what helmet are you doing? might be easier on the visor than my artaius helmet was.

I found this tutorial a while ago for a hex pattern:

As well as this one that I found while looking for the first one again. I just searched up Hex visor pattern on Youtube.:

I just really want to know, how do you guys get that hex pattern in your visors? I’m making a vacuum forming machine here at some point, and I’m just curious how yall paint it in there?
The easiest way is with headlight wrapping vinyl. This is the brand I used, you'll need a heat gun as well and I recommend using a silicone clay sculpting tool to really push the vinyl into all the grooves of the visor.

The easiest way is with headlight wrapping vinyl. This is the brand I used, you'll need a heat gun as well and I recommend using a silicone clay sculpting tool to really push the vinyl into all the grooves of the visor.
When you did this, what was the material you were pressing into? I see many people vacu-forming plastic, but if one does that, would the heat gun deform it again?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back