Hey, new to eva foam cosplay

thadmakesstuff

hey, new to this
ive only ever made two full cosplays before both out of cardboard
im looking into making a halo infintie master chief suit out of those foam gym floor tiles
but i didnt know how much to get
im 5'9 and am an slighty more muscular build than average
do yall think 24sq ft is enough????

If you nail the scaling on it on the first try and don't waste anything, maybe? I haven't done foam in a very long time, and when I did I used 2 packs of foam mats, so 32 sq ft.

Also if you haven't looked into it, if you are willing to spend a bit more there are foam rolls that are made for cosplay. They come in different thicknesses and are way easier to use. We have some AMAZING foamsmiths here so they will definitely be able to give you a better idea than I will.

If you nail the scaling on it on the first try and don't waste anything, maybe? I haven't done foam in a very long time, and when I did I used 2 packs of foam mats, so 32 sq ft.

Also if you haven't looked into it, if you are willing to spend a bit more there are foam rolls that are made for cosplay. They come in different thicknesses and are way easier to use. We have some AMAZING foamsmiths here so they will definitely be able to give you a better idea than I will.
Ok thanks
Yeah I want to go the cheaper route and use minimal amounts of the rolls

I typically get 48sq ft because it's never a bad idea to have extra foam just in case you mess up or change things mid build. I usually get the tiles on Amazon and it's about $120 for 48sq ft

Agree with negative, roughly 50 square feet will get you where you are going, and have just enough for any repairs.
Good luck! as a heads up michaels foam is on sale right now for 10.99 for the 10mm 2'x5' rolls. would be a little easier to work with at roughly the same price.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back