How many suits of armor is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FANGS;749706 EDIT: OMG....I forgot Dredd. I have a finished Judge Hershey from the Stallone Dredd and all of the bits and pieces for a Judge Anderson from the new Dredd.[/QUOTE said:
Loved the new Dredd movie. Don't think it got enough hype. That is one costume I want to make. Bad Ass!!!

I watched a YouTube clip of the Dredd movie, I think I need to watch the whole thing. "We have 10, you have 2" was excellent!

"I'm just a witness"

Hey Fangs, special treat.

"I'm just a witness"

I found an old photo of the first serious costume I ever made. The Borg (circa 1994 and yes I am dating myself). All I need is Eight more posts and I can upload pictures...

"I'm just a witness"

Did I mention that I also did a zombie costume a couple of years ago?

"I'm just a witness"

Five posts to go (cringes from the wet noodle)

"I'm just a witness"

Well, I just hit fifty...

As mentioned, I am just starting my first halo build (Mark Vi from Halo3).

This isn't my first foray into costuming though. Two years ago I scratch-built stormtrooper armour for myself out of cardboard, fibreglass and bondo (I didn't know about foam builds and didn't have the time for pepakura). I also did Jawa costumes for my kids (and even sewed the robes)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452829214.125135.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452829235.131628.jpg

I have always loved costuming and working with new techniques..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452829308.388761.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452829339.069052.jpg

In fact my first really serious costume was The Borg back in university. I am seriously dating myself here but it was when the Borg episodes were in first run syndication and I had to pause the VCR to get stills from the VHS tape (1994 folks). It was pretty bad compared to what can be done today but the response at the time was amazing. Lots of foam, old hockey gear and cut up car tire tubing...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452829534.069049.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452829550.189792.jpg

Anyway, I really look forward to this build and am already enjoying all of the builds in progress and finished suits here on the 405th.

"I'm just a witness"

Ha ! That's one I'll never need, as that's what I see looking back at me in the mirror on a bad morning. :D

But honestly, that's a very impressive list to say the least. And crazy ? No, this stuff is probably what prevents you from going totally overboard. :lol
And a bit of crazy never hurted anyone.
In fact, quite the opposite as the worst catastrophes in human history were caused by people who took them selves far too seriously.

So if anything, you're a shining example in an already far too grey world.
Don't ever change that.

Awww....that's very sweet kaween!
Jme - You're lucky I had a busy day yesterday or the beating would have ensued.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought maybe I had slipped that by you. [emoji51]

I have made it to fifty though so no more multi part posts, promise!

"I'm just a witness"

I'll accept that beating. I'll just have to make sure that if I ever meet Fangs in person I am wearing some armour.

"I'm just a witness"

Thanks! They really loved them (my youngest wore hers two years in a row and both want to wear them if we go to Fan Expo).

"I'm just a witness"

Two years ago I scratch-built stormtrooper armour for myself out of cardboard, fibreglass and bondo (I didn't know about foam builds and didn't have the time for pepakura). I also did Jawa costumes for my kids (and even sewed the robes)

View attachment 22193
View attachment 22194

You guys look great! Love when the kids want to do costumes that all go together. (Mine almost always pick something completely different from what I'm planning for myself)

Reactions: Jme
I have 3 sets of armor, my first ODST suit, an armored Pokemon suit, and my Reach armor. i managed to fit all but the Reach thighs helmet and weapons into 2 large moving boxes from lowes! lol

I can't say you should have a limit on how much you can build. Needless to say, I don't even have one set of armor because I can't find the files I am looking for anywhere. :/

The only limit is how much the wife knows you have
I bought an older 35 ft travel trailer (cost me $100) and gutted it out to store all my stuff. Completed and those in progress. It only costs me $35/mo to store it. A lot cheaper than a storage shed and it is movable. The trick is to keep the humidity under control during the 9 months of rain here in the Pacific Northwest

Hello, whtknght. This thread has not been responded to or updated in over a year and a half, last post being in Febuary of 2016. Many of the members around here view posting and reviving threads that have not been updated in over a year as "necro-posting" and view it unfavorably as it pushes down and buries current, active threads and can cause confusion and is seen as bad internet etiquette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back