How to scale my armour to my body with 3d prints instead of armor smith?

f22fenard

I want to scale some 3d printed armor, but armor smith is 40$. Could I use blender instead? But how would I get the dummy with my proportions? Please help!

I don't personally use Blender, but heres something that one of my friends recommended:
(I have never used this personally, but I think this is what you are looking for.)

I would recommend investing in Armorsmith for numerous reasons, as would most people on this forum, but I can understand that the price tag is intimidating.

I don't personally use Blender, but heres something that one of my friends recommended:
(I have never used this personally, but I think this is what you are looking for.)

I would recommend investing in Armorsmith for numerous reasons, as would most people on this forum, but I can understand that the price tag is intimidating.
does make human make a dummy that has your proportions?

On my first armor I said the same thing:
> Oh I can do just as good in a free program.

Well... No. I did the whole MakeHuman figure. Even scanned myself. Used 3d Builder and Meshmixer for scaling. And my first suit had several joints locking up because of collisions that you just couldn't find/see easily in a tool that doesn't articulate the mannequin easily and quickly. Armorsmith is purpose built for this very task including several fast non-proportionate and free-form deformations.

What I say at least 3 times a month: Consider Amorsmith as FREE. Because it will save you the cost of purchase over your first big project. All it has to do is save you wasting 2 spools and its paid for itself. You're going to pay for it one way or the other; either in software or filament waste so you might as well cut down on the wasted print time and recycling.

Yeah it works.jpg

On my first armor I said the same thing:
> Oh I can do just as good in a free program.

Well... No. I did the whole MakeHuman figure. Even scanned myself. Used 3d Builder and Meshmixer for scaling. And my first suit had several joints locking up because of collisions that you just couldn't find/see easily in a tool that doesn't articulate the mannequin easily and quickly. Armorsmith is purpose built for this very task including several fast non-proportionate and free-form deformations.

What I say at least 3 times a month: Consider Amorsmith as FREE. Because it will save you the cost of purchase over your first big project. All it has to do is save you wasting 2 spools and its paid for itself. You're going to pay for it one way or the other; either in software or filament waste so you might as well cut down on the wasted print time and recycling.

View attachment 353588
good point, im getting armorsmith now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back