I'm back after a couple years n I've completely forgotten what on earth to do, could i get some tips and like a list of all the stuff i need(EVA foam)

As a side note, while we are always happy to have you back, please ensure this time you follow and comply with the Rules of the Forum and our Organization.

As a side note, while we are always happy to have you back, please ensure this time you follow and comply with the Rules of the Forum and our Organization.
yeah sorry bout the old problems i was goin through a rough patch with alcohol addiction and I was pretty irritable and just honestly an ***hole I feel really bad about that, thanks for the help though!

just got some templates for some armor but it isnt set for us letter paper and I have no idea how to split it up, could anyone split these up or point me in the direction of some software that could do it? thanks in advance.

just got some templates for some armor but it isnt set for us letter paper and I have no idea how to split it up, could anyone split these up or point me in the direction of some software that could do it? thanks in advance.
Are you using a pepakura template? You should be able to set the paper settings in pepakura by going to File -> Print and Paper Settings

1728595805515.png

and adjusting the Paper Size to "Letter"

1728595882307.png

Hop this helps! lmk if this doesn't solve your problem

never mind i got it split, will update when templates have been traced, making a flood infected spartan using spray foam and eva foam, also thanks to the N8TEBB for the tips, im using a pdf file that i bought for 8 bucks and it was bein real difficult getting split.

Last edited:
never mind i got it split, will update when templates have been traced, making a flood infected spartan using spray foam and eva foam, also thanks to the N8TEBB for the tips, im using a pdf file that i bought for 8 bucks and it was bein a real prick getting split.
Never got split? So is it just a 3D model that you're looking to unfold into a 2D pattern? Or you're realizing you can't scale a PDF file easily?

no I mean its a pdf and ive managed to split it, it was set to a3 and my printer only does us letter.
This means the template is baked into the A3 paper. Unfortunately it's going to be difficult to set it to nicely print on US letter paper. May I ask what shop you bought from that sent you templates as a pdf? It's quite unusual to distribute something on a set paper size, especially a European paper size... and A3 paper is too large for a regular at-home printer anyways. It may be easier to find a printer that can print A3. Check with your local library, they likely have one.

How can you be sure the scale of the armour will be correct though?

I'm still confused what you mean by "split it"... if your template came as a PDF, what is there to split?

This means the template is baked into the A3 paper. Unfortunately it's going to be difficult to set it to nicely print on US letter paper. May I ask what shop you bought from that sent you templates as a pdf? It's quite unusual to distribute something on a set paper size, especially a European paper size... and A3 paper is too large for a regular at-home printer anyways. It may be easier to find a printer that can print A3. Check with your local library, they likely have one.

How can you be sure the scale of the armour will be correct though?

I'm still confused what you mean by "split it"... if your template came as a PDF, what is there to split?
honestly i have no clue but i measured the templates and its the right size so i guess paint is just good at splitting pdfs? either way it worked so ill take it

honestly i have no clue but i measured the templates and its the right size so i guess paint is just good at splitting pdfs? either way it worked so ill take it
Wait what's this about Paint? Like microsoft paint? I'm so confused. Can you please explain step by step how you came about these pdfs. Tell me every step you took and every program you used

Wait what's this about Paint? Like microsoft paint? I'm so confused. Can you please explain step by step how you came about these pdfs. Tell me every step you took and every program you used
download pdf, open in microsoft paint, scale to 100%, fit to 3 us letter pages, print.

Ok so I think what you're finding is that scaling the armour when it's baked into a pdf isn't elegant. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will be able to help you scale the template any differently than what you've done so far.

By the way, what armour are you making?

Ok so I think what you're finding is that scaling the armour when it's baked into a pdf isn't elegant. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will be able to help you scale the template any differently than what you've done so far.

By the way, what armour are you making?
yeah turns out the templates are all completely different sized pages, managed to get the arms to the right scale, but the rest are completly out of wack, gonna find a different template for the rest of the armor, but the shoulder pauldron has been assembled and im currently working on the forearm, my idea is to create a flood infected spartan by first making the armor and then using expanding foam to create the flood, not really sure what im gonna use for the rest of the armor but I've got a pretty good idea of how i want the actual flood part to look

If you’re making a mk7 core Spartan from halo infinite we do have a template available in the armoury. If you’re making a different core I’m sure myself and other members might know of a nicer template for you to download, one which you can scale.

If you’re making a mk7 core Spartan from halo infinite we do have a template available in the armoury. If you’re making a different core I’m sure myself and other members might know of a nicer template for you to download, one which you can scale.
well i found the halo 4 gen 2 Rogue from the armory and thats what im using for the helmet and torso, but it doesnt have the legs that go with it

i was originally using a super simple "diy master chief" template that i found on youtube, but I think im definitely gonna go with the rogue instead

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back