license agreement

zorro

Hi everyone,

I have a question again. I am currently in the process of starting a company and, of course, I want to sell Halo merchandise. Mainly helmets and weapons, and maybe I would also like to use some emblems.

Now my question is, do I need a license from Bungie, 343 Industries, or Microsoft to produce and sell such things? My intuition says yes, but I doubt that everyone selling something from Halo has or even obtains a license.

Is there a general license that allows manufacturing and selling something like this? Either way, I would like to ask you to let me know where I can obtain a license if I do need one.

I have already searched for this in the forum, but I've only heard sad news about parts being recast and resold, or something about licenses for Pepakura or ArmorSmith licenses (whatever that is). So, nothing that helps me further.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

I can say that I am not experienced in setting things like this up. However, I can say that I've seen other here that have a general statement regarding their props.

1693240227385.png

(Credit to Rock Lobbster)

From what i've heard from sellers, it depends on the plat form, etsy will sometimes get mad at you but ive never heard of microsoft coming down on a particular prop maker, and those who run their own sites dont seem to have issues with it.

Thank you! That's what I was looking for.

I also found Xbox's Game Content Usage Rules:

As long as i follow the rules and i point out that it's fan-made, it should hopefully be okay. However, if there are any complaints from microsoft, I will immediately stop making and selling the article

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back