MA5K Carbine WIP

What attachments would you be most interested to see?

• Barrel Attachments (Flash Suppressor, Silencer, etc)

• Grips/Foregrips

• Optics

• Magazine Mods (Extended Barrel, Drum, etc)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugzz Deluxxxe

Hey there 405th, I didn't see you there. So while I wait for our printer queue to die down so I can test print my MA2B, I decided to start modelling another obscure Haloverse weapon, the MA5K. There are a few 3D models of it floating around out there, but I essentially wanted to reverse engineer the one I built from scratch. It's based on an old Halo PC mod where there was a usable MA5K. It has a very strange magazine mechanism, requiring the user to pull back after feeding the magazine upward.

MA5K Carbine.png

I'll likely be giving it a bit of an upgrade as well. I want to make it somewhat modular as well. I'll likely model a few different grips, may be few different barrel attachments. Anything else you guys can think of I may consider as well.

Here's my progress thus far. It's hardly progress at all, but I've not had a whole lot of time. I've been using my breaks at work to model lately, so I can only do so much at a time.

MA5K draft.JPG

Let me know what you guys think. I'll try and update as often as possible.

Hello again,

Made a bit more progress today. Gave it a bit more detail, but there's still a lot of work to do. Here's the latest screen grab. Let me know what you think.

MA5K draft 2.JPG

Nice! I love expanded universe weapons! A lot of them have really cool designs that I wish we could've seen in game.

Anyone creating and making models available to the 405th is worth my extra respect.
*Tips helmet*

What's happenin' 405th? It's been a minute since I posted on here. I unfortunately haven't had much time for modelling as of late, but I'm trying to force myself back in to it. I haven't made a lot of progress, but something's better than nothing right? lol. Anyway, here's my latest screen grab from the MA5K project. It doesn't look very different than the last post, but there's a few extra things going on in the inside. Let me know what you think. I'm not 100% sold on the truss-esque design on the rear-end, and even if I leave it on, I'll probably make them a bit bigger, more spread out, and shallower like the design on the back end of the BR-55.

Hello 405th. I've made a decent amount of internal progress to the MA5K but there isn't really much to show. However, I finally got off my Blam! and finished my Halo themed Warfare Badges. These are in my Halo Fan Film Props thread, but I never got around to making them pins. A bit of JB Weld, some patience, and some steady hands, they are finished. I 3D modeled these a few years ago and had them printed by Shapeways. Take a look.

Warfare Badges 1.jpg

Warfare Badges 2.jpg

Warfare Badges 3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back