Master chief under armour belly armour. 3D printed mould.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heliboy999

Hi everyone.

I am in the final stages of my Master chief suit from Halo 5 and I have started on the under suit. I want it to be as similar as the game character and have gone down the route of a neoprene material which looks ok. I have been trying to sculpt and mould the belly armour and I'm just not happy with what I am getting because its a very symmetrical and "Manufactured" area and even with rulers and straight lines the finished clay sculpt still looks wonky and non symmetrical. I made a Plaster mould from the sculpt and the cast went really well (Although it took 4 days for the latex to fully cure) I need a Mould that will give the symmetry required. Its going to be around 5mm of latex material moulded in it so I am wondering if anyone knows someone who might be able to produce a 3D printed mould? I have access to a 3D printer so its the file that is required?
Does anyone have any suggestions or names of someone who might be able to produce a 3D print file for me?

Regards
Belly armour 1.jpg
Belly armour 2.jpg
Belly armour 3.jpg
Photo 24-02-2018, 16 24 19.jpg

HB999

There is an entire thread dedicated to this:
https://405th.com/forums/threads/high-res-halo-5-undersuit-files-pepakura-3d-printing.44677/
There should be ways to get a mould out of this data.
Carterbuilder12 is one of the guys who made those files, check this subforum further - a lot of folks experienced in those tasks.

Unfortunately that covers only the bigger parts which somehow act as 2nd, lighter underarmour/ points for armour attachements.
A lot of the suit is left out, there are no templates or files for that. You would have to create it yourself and stitch/ sew the rest.
How does one work with latex here? I am aware of people which fill these moulds with silicone and add these parts to something like a rubbersuit.
Share your progress - i am interested in making such a detailed undersuit myself (other people as well).

Last edited:
Thank you

I will have a look. So much info on here that sometimes its hard to find what you actually need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back