MDF Halo Reach Assault Rifle (with reflex sights!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my first thread, I've already built a reach pistol from MDF and I believe it it time to start something bigger:
It will be a reach AR that has removable top so it can swap from normal to flat top with sights! Thanks for watching, build photos will be up this weekend.

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 5.49.04 PM.png <------>HaloReach_-_MA37 (1).png

I'll be watching your build to get ideas for when I finally build a rifle!

"I'm just a witness"

Cool idea, I am currently working on an MDF assault rifle using a sliced file. Check out my thread for some photos!

Ok so I have made a diagram for the electronics, it is kind of crappy so I don't know whether you'll understand it, but here it is: button is from old nerf gun and leds from my Christmas lights.
Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 8.50.08 AM.png

Nothing wrong w/ the diagram. Even if it is total illegible to others, so long as you understand it and use it to make a finished product that you like.......the rest is all gravy....

Makes sense to me.

"I'm just a witness"

Sounds like you have a great plan going for it! I made a Halo Reach Assault Rifle as well. Except I used the nerf recon as a body and then hot glued a bunch of MDF to it haha.

Excited to see how your build goes!

Did I see a recent thread on that Amir? Not to hijack the thread but I was wondering how heavy the nerf gun is after modification?

Also wondering the same about your gun NetherCraft?

I want to be able to attach the rifle to my back with magnets and am leaning toward a foam build.

"I'm just a witness"

Cus i start work today, but unfortunately, I HURT MY DARN WRIST AND CANNOT START UNTIL TUESDAY! ARRRGGH!!!!!!!!!:angry
But when I start I am basically going to do exactly what lost viking did. (But with less detail! LOL!)

Hey guys, my wrist suddenly got better! but it was halfway through the day. Cut out my template and glue together with wood glue. Grip bevel with angle on my scroll saw then finish off with a rotary tool. Gonna sand it nice and smooth tomorrow. Stay tuned for the upper receiver and mag!
IMG_0925.JPGIMG_0926.JPGIMG_0927.JPG

Looks promising ! I'm following this one up close as I'm looking for a light-weight stand-in of my CB88/MA-5C.
The one I was contemplating to duplicate till now would have been far more expensive in terms of materials used and a lot more labor-intensive too (full-metal build on artmoviefan.net).
I've also found 3D-Printer files for this one, so even if I wouldn't try to emulate your build, it still can provide me with a lot of ideas (like the conversion idea ! loved that).

Looking forward to your progress, be careful with that wrist of yours !

thanks bro did some more cleaning up on the grip with the dremel and made some templates. Only got photos of the templates, sorry:
IMG_0929.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back