My 1st foam build H2:MkVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

marscreature

HI, i'm from Michigan and I finally am building a Spartan Mark VI armor set based mainly off of Halo 2.
I got the Halo 2 Spartan figure 5 years ago form the Halo Anniversary toy line with making a set of armor in mind.

IMG_5895.JPG

Three years ago I tried my 1st pepakura and bought a bunch of cardstock and attempted a Mark VI helmet. I scaled it thinking the file was based off of Master Chiefs dimensions but 1/3 of the way into it I realized it was too small and that killed my motivation so I bought a resin helmet that came with the gold visor.
Also, anyone have a good place to buy additional gold visors?

il_570xN.678168853_n06s.jpg

A few weeks ago I popped Halo 2 into the xbox (original xbox) and realized what needed to finally happen and have been doing research on the forums, downloading files and watching/reading tutorials.
Went to Harbor Freight a week ago to get supplies right after printing out the paper templates for the foam files. Thankfully I can print things on paper up to 36"x48" so I don't need to tape all the sheets together.

IMG_5896.JPG

Last edited:
This past week a friend of mine has joined in making his own set of armor and we hope to be finished in mid October in time for Grand Rapids Comic Con in Michigan.
My friend is building a Sniper rifle from a nerf CS6 and I am going to build a Halo 2 Rocket Launcher with 3.5" x 36" cardboard tubes I have. I also plan on buying the BoomCo MA5 rifle and M6 magnum.
Currently (foam cutting out and glued together wise) I am mostly done with the waist and just need to make the side pouches and I am just about half way with the chest piece.

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

Lookin good man! And there's nothing wrong with buying a cast or printed helmet, pepakura can be a pain!

Reactions: Kat
Wow.. 2 weeks later I finally finished the chest... I need to dedicate more time to this!
I'll add detailing once all the other pieces are assembled.

IMG_5987.JPG

Oh wow, if I got that, I would immediately make a mold and cast of it. I envy you.
If I ever come across someone with the ability to do so, I defiantly will.
In the mean time I chipped off some paint and will be getting it scanned to match for touch-up paint.

*Update Sept. 2018, handing what I have made in foam over to a friend as a start for his costume. Starting a new thread from 3D printed armor.
As for the Chief statue, I sold it :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back