Foam ODST: Version 1 was okay. Now for Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone was wondering. Here's a pic of when my should was scaled too small and to what is should look like.
IMG_20170714_193641.jpg

I had to increase the scale by 25%.

i think it looks pretty good the pieces themselves are fantastic with very very nice seams ..... I think in the reference pics I looked at it seems to sit a little lower on the shoulders with the armor almost going to the elbow. Could be a hair bigger looking at the photos too but I'd remain with it. I know I struggle with scaling on my builds too so I really shouldn't judge. Sorry for the negative criticism just felt like you were after some honest opinions.

i think it looks pretty good the pieces themselves are fantastic with very very nice seams ..... I think in the reference pics I looked at it seems to sit a little lower on the shoulders with the armor almost going to the elbow. Could be a hair bigger looking at the photos too but I'd remain with it. I know I struggle with scaling on my builds too so I really shouldn't judge. Sorry for the negative criticism just felt like you were after some honest opinions.
No worries about the negative criticism. I appreciate both good and bad. I did place it a little high when I taped it. I noticed how low it is in photos as well. When I add the straps or velcro later down the road I will adjust it accordingly.

Ooo I really like the way that looks! I think I might add some parts to mine based on this, very well done sir!

UPDATE: (NO PICS)
Started cutting out the templates for the forearms. Will tape it together to check the fit.

Also I went back and did some fixes on my thighs and shins.
On the thighs, the ring at the bottom I ended up doing some surgery and added a one inch piece. When I had first made the part it was quite snug and was worried with prolonged wear it would start to cut off circulation. That would be a bad thing. Now with the wider ring its much more comfortable. With the foam files there is actually a inner thigh part. I don't know if I am going to add that bit or not.

With the shins I did some surgery as well because I had problems slipping my feet through. I added about an extra half inch. This should also give me a little more space so my boots can fit under the shins as well. My boots are pretty new and haven't been beaten up with wear and tear yet. The padding at the top is still pretty thick.

Well everything is looking FANTASTIC!!!!! even w/ the small Smurf shoulder pads.......did you start humming the theme song once you realized they were small? giphy (9).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back