Need help with sewing spandex...

SomeDumbGamer

I'm getting close to finishing my halo 4 master chief Eva foam build and am starting to put together the undersuit. I decided to go with a full body spandex dance suit in black with a rear back zipper. I was originally going to try gluing the layers of the undersuit to the body suit. Then a friend pointed out I would need to use the rest room and would have to take off half my suit to do so and access my...little buddy. So I need to install a small access zipper. And if I'm going to do that I might as well reinforce the glue with stitching. But I barely know how to do basic sewing and don't own a sewing machine. I can do basic stitching by hand and am signed up for a machine sewing class next week...but I have no idea how to sew spandex and imagine it's a bit different than regular materials.

Any advice guys? I'd really like to be able to go pee lol .

If you see spandex there is a way and a type of stitch you need to use for the flex of the suit or it will not flex or might rip when flexing. I use spandex pants and shirt for just this reason of bathroom break.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back